Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtkaybean

no one has this

jtkaybean
13 years ago
last modified: last year

Colors are mostly creamy, taupe with a few random silver, gold & red speckles.

I know it doesn't look like much but up close (see pic) it sparkles

I was all set to go with the Bianco Antico until I saw the last two slabs of this and I knew this was the one

Comments (24)

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You can't see it in the pics but there is quite a bit of red and gold flecks, which looks fantastic next to my cabinet! Has some black flecks, which will complement our black wood mantle on our fireplace.

Does anyone know what they mean by "sapphire polished?"
    I have never seen this granite in any of the (numeours) granite yards.

Hmmm...seems like no one on here has this granite??

• rmkitchen
    13 years ago

I'm glad you like your new granite. I don't see the resemblance to marble. You know, stones can have multiple names, so there might be others with your granite but under a different name. Enjoy!

• donnakay2009
    13 years ago

It's a "love thing." If you love it, it's yours. Go for it! It's great.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

That is a gorgeous slab of granite! I can't answer your question about sapphire polishing, but just wanted to drool over your choice of stone. :)

• chriskakev
    13 years ago

I have a persa green granite. It doesn't have green, but rather the greys, taupes, blacks and rust. It also has the beautiful mica that sparkles. I love the granite, however, I'm having a horrible time finding a backsplash. What do you plan on doing for a backsplash?

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

I just did a search on the forum and missmuffet had a thread on Persa Avorio. Thought you might find it interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on Persa Avorio

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, poor choice of words there- definitely doesn't look like marble! It is very light, so that's what I really meant lol.

It looks dark in the pic but it is much lighter, and sparkly.
    Love it!

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, backsplash...hmmmmmm

something like this maybe?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

also, perhaps this would look good?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• traceee
    13 years ago

You must be so glad you pushed yourself to get out there and continue to search. Instead of settling on something "pretty," you found something "gorgeous!" I think it is beautiful and a perfect choice for you! Well done!!!!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

I love your rock and you can call it anything you want,
    because a name is just a name.
    ~boxer

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks ladies!!

flowers_co--yeah, I saw those posts & a few other from missmuffett, and would LOVE to know if she got it installed!

• nansea
    13 years ago

My granite looks like yours, but the dealer called it Bianco Antigua. It has garnet dots, mica flecks, grey veining and a carmel (rust) running throughout. In the end I choice the one with the rust color because it seemed warmer and blended will with my cabinets.
    I went with a plain frosted glass backsplash and jazzed it up some with the wavy glass behind the range.
    I took the pics with my iphone and they're a little washed out.

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

nansea57,
    Just BEAUTIFUL and that looks so much like my granite!!

We have quite a bit of that rust/brown veins through it too, with the red!!!
    Do you have a picture of your entire kitchen..would love to see it!

• chriskakev
    13 years ago

My persa has quite a bit of gray in it, so I thought I might use a simple gray subway tile backsplash. I also toyed with the idea of bringing it up 6 inches and using IT as my backsplash, since I love it so much.
    I'm happy you love your granite. I just love mine too.

• nansea
    13 years ago

jillsee, I'll post better pics, but it may take a few days.
    Everyone loves the granite. I don't have my recessed lights installed yet, I hope once they're in they will show off the mica flecks!

• missmuffet
    13 years ago

Just caught up with this thread. I've got my slab of Persa Avorio waiting at the fabricator, as our cabinets come tomorrow (yikes). Pictures will be coming soon (as long as all goes as planned).

It looks like you found a beautiful slab, very consistent. I had to search for a bit for the right one, as many had uneven "blobs" that I couldn't make work in my island. I think we'll both be very happy.

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Can't wait to see your kitchen missmuffett--how exciting!!
    what are you doing for your backsplash?

• missmuffet
    13 years ago

Backsplash?? gee wizz, I need to find a faucet so I can have water first . . .

• cindyinct
    13 years ago

Your granite is beautiful? What kind of cabinet did you order to go with it?

• cindyinct
    13 years ago

bumping this post... hoping for a reply

• jtkaybean
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry for the late response cindyinct,
    We picked Medallion (all plywood-gold series) cabinetry in cherry, stained in "Pecan".

We should get the cabinets delivered in 2 weeks!!
    We got the Brookhill, Medallion cabinets in cherry with pecan stain.
    This is the color of the wood, but we got a different door style called "Brookhill" (believe the cabinet in the pic is a shaker style?)

• amykath
    13 years ago

Funny I thought I had blanco antico. Who knows! Names are all so confusing. Here are a few photos.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• dlbk
    12 years ago

Just discovered this thread and we went through the same tough choices when remodeling our kitchen. There are so many gorgeous granite colors and patterns, it can make it hard to choose! Your Persa Avorio is beautiful and the same pattern my parents are now looking at for their kitchen.
    In the end we decided to keep things classic and neutral (after first being wowed by the black w/silver mica accent granite) and went with 'Persa Blue'. It's very similar to Persa Avorio, but has jet black accents which I liked as it tied in with the black accents in the appliances. Hopefully it won't look dated after 10 years as our old kitchen did.

How do I attach photos? I don't see an 'upload' button here.
    Deb