Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizziebethtx

Source for porcelain tile that looks like limestone or travertine

lizziebethtx
14 years ago

does anyone know about a porcelain tile that looks like limestone or travertine? I have ordered white painted cabinets in lieu of soft white due to a lack of natural light in a north-facing kitchen. I want to warm up the white with a tile floor. I'm thinking I can find a limestone or travertine look in a porcelain tile as stone is not in my budget. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding makers? Does daltile or american olean have anything along those lines? Do you know of any other tile manufacturers I could check out. Also...I'm open to any suggestions at all about a tile with white cabinets. They are full overlay and not frameless with inset doors and drawers. Thanks.

Comments (13)

• natenvalsmom
    14 years ago

We have a porcelain tile by Azuvi (Spain) called Austin Crema which looks very much like travertine. It is not slippery-smooth, but has a very natural feel.

• lizziebethtx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you. What a beautiful floor! Your cabinets appear more vanilla colored than white. Do you think that floor or a similar floor would look "dirty" next to white cabinets? I hope that makes sense. If anyone else has any advice I'm anxious to hear it. Thanks again.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

We used a large porcelain limestone tile in our lower level. It has the rough edges, to look handmade. Everyone seems to ask if it's real. I don't recall the maker, but can go look if you're interested:

• lizziebethtx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

allison - I do like that floor. If it's easy to find the maker I'd appreciate it but don't go to a lot of digging through paperwork if you can't put your finger on it. I hate for you to go to the trouble. Thanks.

• User
    14 years ago

I used MONOCIBEC GRAAL tiles for my backsplash which totally look like real stone. Someone else on here (naturally I am drawing a blank on the name) used the large tiles for floor AND backsplash and it was lovely.
    I am linking a photo of it- I got mine locally.

Here is a link that might be useful: monocibec graal

• mom2sethc
    14 years ago

Hi!

I think you are referring to me sheilaaus, I have the same monocibec graal in Aaras on my kitchen and bathroom floors. I also have it in my kitchen backsplash. It is a textured tile with a lot of variation plus rough edges.
    Here are some pics:

Elaine

• newkitchen10
    14 years ago

natenvalsmom,

I really love your kitchen. I love the use of both traditional and contemporary elements! You did an amazing job. Could you please share the details with me on the cabinets, backsplash and granite? Also, how are you enjoying the banquette? What size is your table and how many can you seat comfortably. We are debating whether or not to do a banquette? Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

• lucretzia
    14 years ago

Casa dolce casa makes one that looks like grey limestone to me. Very pretty, but not inexpensive.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

allison - I do like that floor. If it's easy to find the maker I'd appreciate it but don't go to a lot of digging through paperwork if you can't put your finger on it. I hate for you to go to the trouble. Thanks.

Just now seeing this. I'll have to look in the morning, as DH is in bed and I don't want to crank up the dogs. No trouble to go to storage room and see what's written on the side of box. It wasn't written out on our paperwork.

• natenvalsmom
    14 years ago

newkitchen10 -
    I don't want to hijack storklady's flooring thread, so I'll send you an email with a few more pics and some details. The picture posted here was not a 'finished' picture, but it showed more of the floor. But, yes, we love our banquette!

There are some really pretty floors posted here...I especially love allison0704's floor.

We had put ours in 5 1/2 years BEFORE we redid the kitchen, and since it went through the entry, breakfast, office area, family room and dining room, we kept it and just filled in where our cabinet footprint changed. Luckily, the tile store where we bought it could still get it. A very nice man from the store drove 2 hours to the distributor and went in and hand-picked tiles that matched one of my extras from 5 years before! AND he did it TWICE, because our contractor changed his mind and thought we might need 2 more boxes! Amazingly helpful.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

The tile is Italian.
    Made by Azuvi.
    Series name is Cazorla.
    Color - Avorio
    Size we used on floor - 20x20 inches.
    We also used the 8 x 12.6 for shower walls in the lower level.

I discovered/purchased it locally, but here is an online link showing the product. The edges are not shown as rough, so if that is the look you are wanting, be sure it still comes that way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Azuvi Cazorla Avorio

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Wanted to make sure you saw the above.