Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twogirlsbigtrouble

Delta or Kohler faucet? difference?

twogirlsbigtrouble
15 years ago

Ive been pricing out kitchen faucets for our farm sink and need to make a decision. The couple of Kohler's I liked are way more than I thought they would be. I was looking at the Clairette and the Vinnata, but they are both like $500. I also like the Delta Leland and Victorian and they are more like $2-300. Why is that? Im wanting to spend somewhere in the $200 range or less. Ive also looked at the Kohler Simplice which is priced more like the Delta's. Is there any reason I wouldnt like the Delta faucets vs the Kohler Simplice? And for the farm sink, is it ok to have the gooseneck pull down style or should I get something that is a little lower. Will they splash?

Can you tell Im confused? LOL

Comments (14)

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

Kohler is usually a little higher-end than delta. And like all faucet manufacturers, kohler makes a lower end line which is what home depot and lowes carries. Simplice fits into that group. I bought kohler simplice off ebay for both my sinks and love them!!

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I have a Kohler Vinnata and love it. No, the head does not snap back up...you have to place it there...thank goodness! I'd hate to try to keep it down and have it snap back up....obviously not everyone feels that way. Mine never "dangles" when I want it mounted, it always snaps into place when I put the head in its mount.

One of the things I like about my Vinnata is that I can do this (the Deltas may also, I don't know):

I also like the fact that the faucet locks in and stays in the setting you choose (spray/stream), even when you turn it off. I suspect most do nowadays, but I thought I'd mention it.

BTW...I also have the matching soap dispense, all are in brushed nickel.

• buzzy0
    15 years ago

Did you buy the Vinnati that is the bar sink size (15 1/8 inch high) or the Kitchen size 16 5/8 high?

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well now Im really confused! So will the Delta be hard to control if it always wants to go back up? And I wonder if it swivels like that? I definitely want the sprayer to lock in place with no issues. I would be so disappointed if it just hung there.

Anyone else?

• christinamc
    15 years ago

I have the Delta Allora. There is no problem with the magnetic docking causing the sprayer to snap back when you don't want it to. However, unlike the Kohler Vinnata, with the Delta, you have to remove the spray head from the faucet in order to direct it around the sink. I admit this took some getting used to. Now that I'm used to it, I really like the faucet.

• positano
    15 years ago

My Victorian's magnetic docking system does not snap back when you don't want it to. When you bring the sprayer back up, it goes in smoothly and effortless. I know some faucets you have to fiddle with a bit to get them back in.

Glad to hear you love your faucet Buehl. Maybe my friend just got a defective one.

• grendal_fly
    15 years ago

twogirlsbigtrouble

I have a pair of the full sized Vinnatas and love them.
    We had delta's before the remodel and the quality is far superior.

Also if you shop around and you can find them for around $350.00 or less even for the more expensive finsh. ( I paid $350 or BN)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Buzzy0, I have the full size Vinnata (K-690). The secondary faucet (K-691) was too small for my sink. The 2" shorter reach would have been a definite problem for our sink since we have 2 bowls & it needs to reach both...as close to over the drain in each as possible!

Positano & TwoGirlsBigTrouble...I misspoke above, the Vinnata doesn't really "snap" into place, but when you push it up, it goes in smoothly. It stops exactly where you stop...if you stop pushing half-way up, it stops; if you push it all the way up it slides smoothly into place no matter what angle you come from...no twisting or fiddling. But, I like it that way as I have total control over its position. Obviously not everyone likes that...but then, that's why there are so many options out there!

Good luck!

• cab3014
    15 years ago

I am only addressing the Delta Leland price issue. I bought one almost 2 years ago after liking the look of it at HD. Since I could not afford to spend nearly $300 for it, I found many listed new on eBay . I paid about $125, but there was a seller who listed them new for $99 starting bid and many went for that price. I had a deadline on my Silestone countertop installation and needed one during a time when I could not wait for that particular seller to list, thus I paid more. I don't know if those prices are still the norm on eBay, but brand new, sealed with the plastic strip faucets could be bought half price or less when I needed a faucet.

I love everything about my eBay purchased Delta Leland. I purchased it in June '07. Be sure to be familiar with the seller's feedback, number of items they've sold, and that he/she has been an eBay seller for a significant amount of time. Hope this helps!

• cab3014
    15 years ago

Those eBay prices, in my previous post, were for the Delta Leland faucet in the brushed nickel finish.

• vjrnts
    15 years ago

I have the Delta LeLand too, and after almost 2 years, I think, for the price, it's a good faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: My little Delta Leland movie

• mfrog
    15 years ago

I probably won't be popular for saying this but I threw away a $900 Kohler faucet because it would never stop leaking, Kohler kept sending us parts for it, but they refused to replace it. Luckily I didn't have to pay a plumber to replace the parts everytime they sent new ones, but we had many ruined weekends spent trying to fix the kitchen plumbing. We replaced it with a $300 Delta Victorian.
    Needless to say, the new kitchen has a Delta. I can't speak for the pull out, we've never had that style.

• glnjn
    15 years ago

Loved the movie.Thanks