Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethv_gw

Kraftmaid Warehouse Cabinet Shopper

bethv
16 years ago

Has anyone used Jamie Williams to shop for you at the Kraftmaid cabinet warehouse outlet? It sems like a good deal and a great way to get cabinets for rock-bottom prices.

This is the link to his site.

http://www.cabinetwarehouseoutlet.com/index.htm

Comments (4)

• pcjs
    16 years ago

I have heard of him but don't know anyone who used him. A while ago a woman flew from CA to the warehouse to do her kitchen and had a blast. If you live close, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I know for us, we live in MD, so with two plane tickets, hotel, food, car/truck rental, gas, etc. it didn't seem worth it when we needed really specific sizes/colors/doors. But, if you have a bigger kitchen and can be flexable (or use two different colors/styles), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I was thinking about it for our basement, but moneywise, I'm still not sure if it is worth it.

If you do a google search (I looked him up when we were buying Kraftmaid), he seems knowledgeable and people seem to like him. His prices are reasonable given you're paying him to know what he's doing although if you live close, I'd think part of the fun is figuring it out (although his book could help).

• kren_pa
    16 years ago

hi there...i am a KM warehouse shopper. only 6 visits to get my entire kitchen (oh and a vanity too, just because). good thing i thought it was fun!! i have seen this guy's website (the shopper) and i think that he is on the mark in terms of what he promises (he's honest about how many trips it might take + the fact that you should be negotiable on style/size of cabinet).

will he need 6 visits for you? almost certainly no. i had to buy small loads, because our van is small. also, our kitchen is small and we had to have exact cabinets (small ones) to fit. the large sets that are the warehouse's main attraction were cheaper per cabinet, but are really assembled for large eat in kitchens. for example, we needed one 30 in drawer base, not 4!! we needed one lazy susan, not 2. only 8 uppers, not 12...etc.

it is a great bargain, i think, even with paying the shopper! if you live nearby, i would visit first, just to see how it works. then ask him to fetch the cabinets for you.if you are looking for overlay doors and cherry, maple, or oak, and a popular style and finish, it could work out well for you. remember that even though it is the outlet, the shopper can see the cabinets up close and reject the rough, streaky, chipped ones immediately rather than waiting for them to be delivered and having to return them. good luck kren

• Jeanne
    6 years ago

I have. Top notch.

• sowkmom
    6 years ago

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of the Kraftmaid Outlet. I just looked it up and I only live 2 hours away! Maybe I should check it out. Anyone else been to the warehouse or used the shopper?