Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Need help finding this fabric or similar

I saw this fabric on a Pinterest post and loved it. The post has no further info, grrr. The one I'm specifically trying to find is the one on the 2 pillows in the chairs. Look familiar?

Or maybe a specific name for this type of pattern may help me do a search. It's on the tip of my tongue what this is and it's driving me nuts, help?

This post was edited by bocron on Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 13:19

Comments (16)

• Specific ibex
    10 years ago

You can do a google search for the image, which often turns up the original source. In this case it seems to be a designer in SF - Tineke Triggs. Doesn't seem as though she has responded to questions on the fabric in her photo post, but perhaps you could contact her directly. No idea on the pattern name.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Houzz post with designer details[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/tineke-triggs-contemporary-bedroom-san-francisco-phvw-vp~65203)

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I forget, how does one do a google image search?

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the help, zen. I did a search on the designer and found a website. Nothing more on the fabric but some great rooms to look at.
    I will keep searching.
    Would also like to know how you did a google search from an image?

• Specific ibex
    10 years ago

If you use Chrome as your browser, you can just right click on any image and select 'Search Google for this image'.

With other browsers, right click on the image, choose 'Copy Link location' - this copies the URL of the image. Then go to http://www.google.com/imghp
    and click the camera - then paste in the image URL.

If you save the image, or have saved images that you like in the past, you can also upload them on Google Image search through the other tab - 'Upload in image'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Image Search

• chispa
    10 years ago

Many times people will splurge on pillows because you don't need too much fabric ... it takes some time and patience, but I've had luck finding specific fabrics by looking through "designer" sites such as Kravet, Schumacher, Fabricut, Duralee, Robert Allen, Lee Joffa, Highland Court, etc.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

the pattern style looks like a jacobean to me. i couldn't find it in a quick search but i'll keep looking too! :)

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

this one is similar, but it doesn't have the turquoise:

it's called Ankara and the color is mink
    {{!gwi}}

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Occasionally (I think) these Houzz and Pinterest people use items "for the trade only" and we cannot find them for that reason but keep digging. You might find something you like even more.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Similar. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pindler & pindler

• chispa
    10 years ago

Another

Here is a link that might be useful: Pindler & Pindler

• chispa
    10 years ago

Patricia, in this day and age of e-commerce, most of the to-the-trade companies have websites that can be browsed by mere mortals! After all, without customers, designers or these manufacturers wouldn't be able to make a living.

Also don't forget that some of the projects posted on Houzz were completed years ago and some of the things have been discontinued over the years.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I remembered Jacobean after I left my computer today, so yes that is the word I was looking for.
    The Pindler and Pindler stuff is nice, I bookmarked it since it looked like quite a bit to peruse.
    I will be near ADAC in a few weeks so may stop in and check some of the fabric places for something similar. I liked that it is a Jacobean but a modern take I guess.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Another ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Cowtan & Tout

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

chispa, that is really stunning. Don't think that's one I've heard of before.

• chispa
    10 years ago

bocron, next time I'm at the design center here in Los Angeles I'll make sure to have a copy of the fabric you want on my ipad and I'll ask at the fabric showrooms if they recognize it. I hate a mystery that can't be solved!!

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

chispa, that would be great if for nothing other than I can't stand an unsolved mystery either.
    I have found a few possibilities through this thread so if I don't find that exact one I can come close I think,