Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_r_ct

Chrissay's friend burst her bubble...

lynn_r_ct
15 years ago

You had a post awhile back where you showed an inspiration picture for your fireplace which I loved. If you went in that direction where did you find the tiles and would you mind sharing? I just can't seem to find ones that are just like that. TYIA

Comments (11)

• lisa_mocha
    15 years ago

Hi Lynn-

I think I know the one you're referring to...
    I saved it because I loved it!

Hope this is it...

• lynn_r_ct
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is it! New addition LR - I have a white mantle, a black enclosed gas fireplace, colors as above, and I was trying to marry the two colors together and this seemed perfect for my taste. The mix of colors is what I wanted - not too white and not too beige. I want it, can't find it!!! I have spent hours online with no success. Can anyone help? My house is a mess and I haven't cooked for three days and it is all Chrissay's fault - LOL (like I need an excuse).

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

It looks like a lot of things, actually -- Erin Adams comes to mind first:

Here is a link that might be useful: second down on the left

• lynn_r_ct
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Colors seem too blue in the Erin Adams tile. It appears to me that the tile are not so irregular in the "Chrissay fireplace". Thanks for your continued help.

• mcgivnec
    15 years ago

Hi guys,
    I wish I could say that I was that far on my fireplace project where I was actually looking for those tiles, but I'm not. We are still wiring the room, but getting closer. I came across Layla's Lettered Cottage blog and she had similar tiles as the inspiration photo (love her blog!). Click the link below and the tiles she likes are posted almost at the end of the link.

And lynn r ct, if you find something in your search, please be sure to post!!

Chrissay

Here is a link that might be useful: The Lettered Cottage Blog

• lynn_r_ct
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chrissay, are you talking about the tumbled tile. I really wanted something with shine or shimmer which is what I seem to be reading from the pic, and the tumbled tiles are, well, tumbled. I also thought the tiles were glass which is what I prefer. I remember someone telling you that the glass tiles would date themselves, so I guess I am not the only one thinking glass. The hunt continues.

• lynn_r_ct
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ladies, I am so excited. I started going through my list of tile favorites, yet again... and I came across the Susan Jablon Mosaics website. Some of the tiles looked interesting and they offer custom tile design and the prices seemed reasonable, so I figured what the heck - I'll call.

I couldn't be happier. They connected me to one of their designers who is going to do some research and will be sending me samples that I should receive by Tuesday. I showed her the pic of the fireplace and spoke with her about the "look" I was after and I am anxious to see what she recommends. I will keep you all informed. Meanwhile though, if anyone knows that tile, please let me know.

• mcgivnec
    15 years ago

Lynn,
    To me the tiles look dull like tumbled tile (in my mind at least!). I remember one of the posters from the original thread thought they were glass. I think it would like nice either way. Please keep me posted on your hunt.

• mcgivnec
    15 years ago

Hi Lynn,

Well, I did some research and was able to contact the architects of that home and they were so wonderful to give me the information on the fireplace. Here it is:

Surround: Baoding Crème brick style; Flush Hearth: Baoding Crème 12" x 12"

The grout color was selected by the installer, so I donÂt know what that is, but IÂm sure you can match to your taste.

I'm off to look it up!

• mcgivnec
    15 years ago

Here's a picture I found of baoding creme brick on line:

{{!gwi}}

• jayav
    15 years ago

I just recently purchased this tile for my kitchen from the Tile Shop. The tile in the box I opened is lovely.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Tile Shop