Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbkidd_gw

I'm Sure My Cat Loves Me

jbkidd
17 years ago

I have a 15 year old male cat. Every morning he comes and sits on my chest and licks my nose, then he takes his paw and strokes my chin and cheek.

When I am not feeling well, he is always in my face and purring very loudly.

Do animals usually show such affection???

Comments (7)

• bbaird
    17 years ago

A lot of them do.

Some, however, are more empathetic than others. Some know when you're sick or hurt and will stay with you during those times. I had a cat like that. She was extremely sensitive to our moods/feelings.

• oakleif
    17 years ago

Both of my dogs are very affectionate in different ways They both know when i'm in pain.Little cricket will climb up my chest and look me in the eyes and give me kisses, sometimes lays down under my chin.
    Dillen comes and checks me every little bit and gives me kisses on my hand.

They both love to sit in my lap in the recliner. Can you imagine a 50 lp hound in your lap?
    vickie

• arkansas girl
    17 years ago

Some cats are affectionate and want to be petted but usually they just want to get food...HAHA! The two cats that we had would go off sleeping with eachother but when it got to be time for their treat they'd go to my husband and love all over on him...funny, always at the same time of day...right about treat time...HEEHEE!!!!!

• raul_in_mexico
    17 years ago

With cats I think you all are confused, you don´t OWN cats, cats own you, you are THEIR possesion.

• alison
    17 years ago

I think cats are affectionate in different ways than dogs, and they're often less likely to demostrate their empathy.

That said, I once came home after breaking up with a boyfriend, and threw myself down on the bed to sob. After watching me for a little while, the cat got on the bed next to my head, threw a paw across my neck and began licking my face. It was a little disconcerting; he had a reputation for being pretty evil, and those infamous teeth were right next to my eyeball. Not to mention that kibble breath. But it was also oddly soothing. He very methodically groomed the whole side of my face, gave me a little pat, and curled up to go to sleep right next to me. Made me feel much better!

• emma12
    17 years ago

I think cats are as affectionate as dogs..At least mine are. My Phoebe is sitting on my lap licking my hand as I type. I have never had a mean cat, have never been bitten or scratched except when my old cat fell off the top of my chair and and landed on my head.

• darlene87
    17 years ago

Our Maine Coon cat that passed away on Sun. was very affectionate, and mood reading. When either of us felt ill, he snuggled as close as he could to us. When hubby had his surgery early this mo., Babe was almost glued to his side. If I had a migraine and laid down to relax, he glued himself as close as possible to me. Our other cats were the same way, hubby could always tell if I was well or unwell, by the position and place the cat was sleeping. We may just be fortunate to have cats that read our feelings.
    Darlene