Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susie123_gw

Where did you buy your door hardware?

susie123
12 years ago

It seems like I've looked every where and I can't find something that comes in multiple sizes up to 8" that I like. Should I try ordering over the internet? What's a good website to look at?

Thanks.

Comments (27)

• new_to_sc
    12 years ago

I also needed at least an 8" and I also wanted a 12" for the trash can drawer. We decided on Amerock which had lots of different sizes. The one we ultimately decided had a 3", 4", 5", 6", 8", 12" and 18"! Once you got up around the 8" and above, they start to get expensive. Our 8" pulls were $45 and that was with a 20% discount.

We purchased them from our cabinet person but lots of online places have them - Hardware Hut, Amerock for Less, My Knobs - from what I've read they all seem very reputable. Good luck.

• Staceydux
    12 years ago

My pulls are from Atlas Hardware. They were a little more money than I wanted to spend but they are very study and can hold up to anything. The company offers many different styles.

• mjtx2
    12 years ago

I've ordered knobs and pulls online before and loved them. Try Van Dyke Restorers. I got some great pulls on sale for .99 cents and they were fantastic. I believe even their regular prices are very good.

• kalapointer
    12 years ago

Try looking at Lee Valley online. They have a large selection of knobs, pulls, etc.

• mskitchen
    12 years ago

Try Top Knobs, I needed long ones for the dishwasher and frig. You can buy them online, I bought them from the KD since they installed them at NC.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Our kitchen hardware is from Valli and Valli. We got it at Hardware Design in Fairfield, NJ. We'd gotten our sink and faucets from them (and subsequently, got all of our bathroom fixtures from them as well). After we'd ordered our hardware, I looked online (just to compare other prices to the one we'd already gotten), and the price we'd gotten was much lower. This is going back 5 years.

They have a terrific selection. We got our bathroom hardware there, too.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

I got mine at Lee valley and as noted they have a very easy to use online catalogue.

• alexisls
    12 years ago

I bought from My Knobs and Hardware Hut and was pleased with both. The My Knobs website has an easier to navigate search function.

I was looking for multiple size pulls as well - as I recall Top Knobs and Amerock had quite a few that came in 3", 5" and 8".

• mobydog
    12 years ago

I bought my knobs, latches and handle at Shop Amerock. I purchased my pulls from overstock.com. I was pleased with the quality of everything I received from both places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shop Amerock

• joyce_6333
    12 years ago

In my last kitchen, I ordered all the handles and bull pins from Van Dyke's restorers. Total cost was $1500!! Yeah, I know, expensive, but I really liked them. They were pewter. They don't carry the ones I got anymore. Perhaps at $15 - $20 each they were not a very good seller.

New house, I bought all the handles from Menards on a terrific sale. Handles for the enire house cost $750. They were Hickory Hardware, Studio II style, and we paid less than $4.00 each. Studio II comes in many lengths, and in solid brass option, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hickory Hardware - Studio II

• ladyshadowwalker
    12 years ago

home depot - meekly slinks away now

• phallky03
    12 years ago

Amerock from.......Amerock Express!

• dianne47
    12 years ago

Choose the knobs and pulls you want by using descriptors on google. Then shop around on the internet using google. I used designerknobsandpulls.com for my Hickory Hardware orders.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    12 years ago

I used Hardware Hut, A&H Turf Specialties,( http://ahturf.com/store/index.php ) and Rejuvenation.
    They were all reliable and between them I could find everything at a great price. I used Schaub brand for knobs and pulls.
    I have also dealt with Crown City, but they are pricey ( http://www.restoration.com/ )
    Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: Rejuvenation Hardware

• iroll_gw
    12 years ago

ikea - cowering behind ladyshadowwalker

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

I bought my pulls at Restoration Hardware in 4", 6", and 6" lengths in polished nickel. Very good quality. I love them!

Amerock and Top Knobs are two reliable brands that have many styles up to 8" in length. Find a style you want, then shop them around on the Internet, or even IRL if you're lucky enough to have good retailers near you, to find the best price.

• catlover5
    12 years ago

Ebay . . .

• westsider40
    12 years ago

Atlas Hardware, too------- good old fashioned quality.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Oops. My list of sizes above should read 4", 6", and 8". Apologies.

• feliceinct
    12 years ago

Iroll, what idea pulls do you have? I love the fintorp handles but Leary of quality! Input?

• willtv
    12 years ago

Also try D. Lawless hardware

Here is a link that might be useful: D. Lawless Hardware

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Leaning toward Baldwin Brass - at compleat baldwin brass center in West Reading PA, they offer a 40% discount and then if you order enough, another 5%. Will compare but right now, BB is winning. I plan to order 5 inch arches but need antique brass (baldwin calls it brass with black)
    I just found out the final count - 75 pulls!!!!!!!
    Currently leaning towards all pulls and no knobs.
    I searched almost every site listed and still haven't found exactly what I want - so watching closely for other suggestions.

• susie123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for the replies! I've been looking at a few of these sites. I like a couple of the Amerock door pulls and knobs.

$45 a pull...wow! That would be my luck to find something I love that's really expensive. I was thinking that I could get away with spending no more than $500 for my kitchen. It's a good thing I only need 4 larger pulls.

Thanks again for the suggestions. You all are the best. I've become so addicted to this forum.

• iroll_gw
    12 years ago

I have the Fintorp handles, stainless. So far, they are great (DH has very large hands, plus they were 20% off with the rest of the kitchen). Of course, I've only had them for a few months, but they seem to have a finish on them that I hope will keep them looking good.

• annac54
    12 years ago

I bought most of my hardware from Interknobs, but also some from Harware Hut. The prices and service were great.

Be careful on the larger pulls. Many of the larger ones are "appliance pulls". Check the thickness and projection listed on them. The appliance pulls are usually much thicker and project out farther from the mounting surface. That's why they're so expensive. They are made to put on refrigerators and dishwashers that have panels installed to make them look like part of the cabinets. That may not be what you want to use on your regular cabinets.

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

I've been wondering this too... Our builder gave us a $6 allowance and handed us a large Amerock catalog.

I looked up the very same pulls I was interested in and could find them for $2.50 each at shopamerock dot com.

I've noticed that most people on here buy their own. Is there any benefit from going with the builder? Will I likely have to pay extra to have them installed if I find my own?

• feliceinct
    12 years ago

Iroll, thank you. I love the fintorp. I won't get the 20 percent sadly since my kitchen isn't from Ikea, however at $4 per pull it isn't bad. I think I will do it

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert