Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jhome2007

Cap-off Sprinkler head and winterizing

jhome2007
10 years ago

I have few sprinkler heads I would like to cap-off due to garden redesign. I can simply do it but what will happen when winterizing the system? I don't want to re-dig in and add the head back to get the water out of the pipe. Any suggestion?

Comments (4)

• klem1
    10 years ago

If you use a low point drain,the sealed risers will drain,just takes an extra 45 minutes.

• jhome2007
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Usually the winterizing process involves an air compressor to force the water coming out of the heads. Then turning on the lower point drain to let the rest of water coming out (it is in my basement). Would that be sufficient to just use the lower point drain?

• jhome2007
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Usually the winterizing process involves an air compressor to force the water coming out of the heads. Then turning on the lower point drain to let the rest of water coming out (it is in my basement). Would that be sufficient to just use the lower point drain?

• klem1
    10 years ago

Use the prescribed method to winterize same as you always have. The caped risers will not make one whit difference other than needing a little extra time to drain.