Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheba52000

Frameless kitchen cabinet manufacturers

sheba52000
15 years ago

Can anyone give recommendations for manufacturers of the frameless/European type of kitchen/bath cabinets. I know Apple Valley makes this type, also Kraftmaid makes a line called Venicia. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences, good or bad with these or any other brands...

Thanks.

Comments (12)

• lowspark
    15 years ago

I got Brookhaven and love them.

Here's a list of manufacturers & websites.

Here is a link that might be useful: framed & frameless mfgs

• sheba52000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks very much -- I am finally finding names of a few manufacturers and appreciate your feedback.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Crown Point...gorgeous cabinets!

Here is a link that might be useful: Why purchase your custom cabinets from Crown Point?

• capecodder
    15 years ago

Ultracraft.

• coolmom1
    15 years ago

Very happy with my Columbia cabinets!

• Stacey Collins
    15 years ago

Based on your name, I am going to recommend two frameless cab companies: Glenwood (a small Canadian family-owned company) that we're using in our house we just moved into; and Ikea (which we used in our last house).
    Both adhere to rigorous low VOC, no-foraldehyde standards, which is why I am using/have used them.
    Glenwood has beautiful dove-tailed drawers and although they are technically custom, their prices are in the lower end for semi-custom, and IMHO (and I am very "champagne taste on a beer budget") affordable. Ikea is totally non-custom, and you have to assemble yourself (flat-pack) but VERY affordable, very sturdy, great design and environmentally way friendlier than just about anyone else (they were "green" way before it was trendy!).

• msgreatdeals
    15 years ago

If your in California, you might want to check out W.L.Rubottom Co in Ventura. They have been in business since 1946. They have great prices and if you live nearby, price includes tax and installation! Looks like they just do frameless. They do a lot of tract and custom homes. Just about every house I have lived in since 1973, they were the cabinet makers. Never a problem.

• caryscott
    15 years ago

Almost all Canadian manufacturers make frameless and many are available in the US. MasterBrand owns KitchenCraft. Virtually all the Quebec companies are good - Luxor, Cabico and Cuisines Laurier are all excellent and with the dollar tanking you may find them a little less expensive than some comparable product.

• sushipup1
    15 years ago

And don't forget Ikea.

• dasistgut
    15 years ago

I am also looking for frameless, too bad Rubottom is about 100 miles out of range for us-beautiful work. I went to look at a full kitchen Kraftmaid Venicia display at Lowes and was very disappointed. They chose the Tigress Gloss style to display, and it was hideous up close. Looked like something from a Barbie doll house. The doors and drawers did not all close smoothly and the hinged door corner cabinet had a large gap in the corner. In general, I don't like the hinged doors that go with lazy Susan's in blind corners. I saw a nice single door angled cabinet in another thread (blind corner thread) that housed a lazy Susan but I suspect it might not be possible with frameless construction. Now I'm wondering if I should go with full overlay framed cabinets. I see very little difference in overall appearance and the cabinetmakers I have met are much more comfortable with traditional construction.

• sara_m
    15 years ago

FYI to dasistgut: There's nothing about frameless that prevents an angled corner cabinet (flush door, not hinged). Ikea doesn't make one, but KM's Venicia has several options for this configuration with shelves or lazy susans, as an example.

• dasistgut
    15 years ago

Thank you for the tip, sara m. I registered for the KraftMaid cabinet specs site and see they have many options not mentioned by my Lowe's designer. Back to the drawing board...