Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairytalebaby

New House pictures...it's coming along!

fairytalebaby
16 years ago

We went to visit the new house for Spring Break and found that most of the windows were trimmed out beautifully, the tile was installed, and wood floors going down! We also chose our granite countertops while there and we're feeling the excitement of a nearly completed home.

Shutters are on and front door's painted!

Garage door and light fixtures--I love how QUIET the door is...we live in an older home now and I think you could hear our GD open from a mile away! Yes, I know...I'm easily excited (lol).

The obnoxiously bright pink room chosen by the 5yr old (she loves it and that makes me happy)...

The sweet lavender nursery for my ODD

Their playroom upstairs...

href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/fairytalebaby/?action=view¤t=IMG_8267.jpg"; target="_blank">

Hardwood being installed in the great room

Part of the master shower (the bathroom is long and narrow and it's impossible to get a good picture)

My favorite part is the pebble floor

Picture of kitchen cabinet sample with granite and floor plank

Granite slabs for kitchen

Just a pretty shot of the clouds touching the mountains while we were out shopping that day

Comments (27)

• anrsaz
    16 years ago

Very pretty. My 7 yr old picked almost the same pink! I toned it to 50% but you'd never know it. It's not as bad as you think once you get all her things in her room.

I love that lavendar color!

Would love to see it after you're moved in. Beautiful home.

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

It's looking so spectacular Fairytale. I just love the woodwork around your windows and the pretty crown molding. That's the one thing we are missing in our house. Too many beams and sloped ceilings to make it work. Your house is turning into...well....a FAIRYTALE! ;c)

I spy with my little eye...a Chocolate Lab Webkinz! What a beautiful daughter you have!

• fairytalebaby
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ah lindy...such an observant mom! Yes, we just discovered the wonderful world of Webkinz and "Fudge" had a lot of fun on the trip.

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Lovely. What part of the country, may I ask?

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

How exciting! Your beautiful house has a beautiful setting.

Congratulations on the now home.

• fairytalebaby
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi creek...we are moving to the Tennessee valley after falling in love with the scenery.

• tinam61
    16 years ago

Fairytale baby! I live in TN! I'm in East TN, near the mountains. Can you say what city you are moving to?

tina

• fairytalebaby
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Tina! We're moving to the Chattanooga area--are you closeby?

• tinam61
    16 years ago

I'm about 2 hours from there. Outside of Knoxville - closer to the Smoky Mt. area.

My brother and his fiance are just over the TN/GA line in Ft. Oglethorpe. We were there two weeks ago. They will be staying in the Chattanooga or Cleveland area for now. She is doing graduate work and hopes to end up with the GA school system.

Congrats - the house is beautiful and I think you will love the area.

tina

• momof1
    16 years ago

Very pretty. Would you happen to know your paint colors, and the color and make of the garage door? Everything looks great. Enjoy!

• fairytalebaby
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Would I happen to know my paint colors? I agonized over them for months so of course I have them each categorized in my "new house folder"!
    The garage door is Clopay and it's from their "Portfolio" line...it's a "long panel" door with their "Arch 3 Grilles" windows and spade hardware.

Was there a certain color name you wanted (exterior/interior)? I can come back tomorrow when I have my folder handy and give you whatever info you want! Thanks for the compliments!

• momof1
    16 years ago

I'm sorry, I should have said your exterior colors. I really like them!

• les917
    16 years ago

Things are looking wonderful - and what a great setting besides. You must be so excited! Thanks for sharing the pix.

• kim2007
    16 years ago

Looks just wonderful! I especially like how the windows extend low almost to the floor, and I love the trim on them.

• robynpa
    16 years ago

Lovely house! You must be so excited - I would be!

• kats
    16 years ago

Ah FTB. It's great to see how your house is coming along. I like the colors in the kids playroom and other rooms you've chosen. Ok maybe not the pink...LOL...but if my g-daughter lived with me I'd have one just like it and for the same reason. :)
    I absolutely love your red front door....reminds me of Ireland....makes your whole house so inviting!
    Bravo!

• gracie-2006
    16 years ago

I love your new home. It will be such fun to decorate now that all the major decisions have been made. A lot of work! I love your garage door. Your interior colors look so inviting and will be great to work with. LOL! Enjoy!

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

What a beautiful home . . . and the scenery around you is gorgeous! Please post more pics after you move in. I'm crazy about your garage door! Am going to show it to DH tonite, as I'd love to replace ours with one just like it. Your DD is absolutely darling. As for her bright pink room, as long as she likes it, it's great. She'll probably remember it fondly still when she's a grandmother. You're only a kid for such a short time; I think it's great to let them choose how they want their rooms . . .within reason ;~)

• lorriekay
    16 years ago

Awwww .. your Dd is so cute :) I have a 5 year old boy as well.
    I like your new house.. the front door color is pretty and loves those posts making the front porch!
    The pebble floor for the shower LOVE LOVE that (might steal that idea)
    and of course.. the granite is a nice choice too.. great job & congrats on your new home

• fairytalebaby
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey momof1, I thought you were talking about the exterior since my interior colors are all over the place!

Our siding and Garage door paint is SW Analytical Gray and the shutters were painted two shades darker than the Analytical Gray (I don't have the color card handy but it was two shades below it on the strip). The white trim is just the basic white chosen by our builder and the red front door is SW Show Stopper.

• shaun
    16 years ago

Beautiful home. I also love the pebble rock flooring in the shower and the border in the shower. I actually was watching HGTV last night and saw that same border and thought how pretty it was.

Enjoy your new home - it's really very very nice.

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Wow I can feel your excitement! Beautiful new home. Love the pebbles in the shower. The obnocxious pink is the same color the new owner's daughter painted a room in the house I sold, where I had worked so hard painting everything neutral. It made me cringe, but it's only paint and it's their house now. :)

Your little daughter is so cute and looks so excited.

• magothyrivergirl
    16 years ago

I remember your thread about your daughter's "Pink Room". She is adorable and she will forever be grateful you made her so happy letting her choose the color. Your house looks great!

• momof1
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing the colors! We are painting our exterior and I like your combination. I'll have to make it to SW to get that color card. Oh, and do think it's great your daughter got her pink room!

• loribee
    16 years ago

Your home is LOVELY! I love the pop of red from the front door as well... PS my daughter picked the same pink and she's 19- Victoria Secret pink she called it!

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Your home is lovely. Congratulations!!

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

I am so excited for you! Your house is coming together so beautifully and I just love that you let your beautiful five year-old pick her pink: I bet it makes her feel that much more excited about going to a new place. (I saw your other sweet girl in the Kitchen forum -- you did good! Such happy daughters.)

I am really enjoying watching your house come together. It's lovely!

(I love Chattanooga, too. My grandmother summered in the Smoky Mountains and my godmother lived on Minnekahda Road [on the river]. I have many happy memories of staying with her and playing with her [close to my age] children, swimming in the river. Aren't you lucky to live there in your lovely new house. I'm looking forward to more of your pictures!)