Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lithigin

Please show me soapstone with medium to dark wood cabs!

lithigin
13 years ago

DH and I looked through every kitchen on the FKB with soapstone, and 90% of them have white cabinets. Lovely white cabinets which make a gorgeous contrast with soapstone. I get that. But I have been planning all along to get maple cabs with a nutmeg-type stain on them. We have very yellow Red Oak floors and want some contrast against those. We will have one south-facing window: a garden one that is 42"x44" and the kitchen is just smaller than 10'x13'.

We have a fantastic quote from Kitchen Craft, and are considering paying more for Ultracraft since their cabs are so easily customizable and will fit our 92.5" ceiling with 38" lowers much better. However, their stain choices are extremely limited. Basically, there are a dozen colors that are very close to our floors, one reddish midrange one (Amber), one Walnut-y one, and Chocolate and Wenge that are clearly too dark.

So point is...please help with any pics of medium to dark cabinets with soapstone! I found KansasKathy and Diane2566 on the FKB, but the others with darker cabs have ancient links and the albums are long gone.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (12)