Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Poster Size and Larger Photo Enlargement?

ttodd
13 years ago

Have you had anything enlarged to 36" wide or larger?

Where did you get it done: Brick and Mortar Store or On-line? If so what was the name?

Were you satisfied w/ the finished product?

I thought it might be more budget friendly if I had some of my photos enlarged (maybe done on canvas) instead of buying something mass produced. And I have so many pictures that it'd just be so much more personal.

My new camera seems to handle really big enlargements w/o losing a lot of detail.

TIA!

Comments (5)

• User
    13 years ago

I'm doing the same thing. We have some wonderful landscapes here and I want to do some black & whites for our walls. I'm going to have them enlarged at shutterfly or kodak.com. Everything I've had done from both those sites has been pristine and good quality. I also like that when you select your options, they will tell you upfront if your photo doesn't have the resolution required for what you want to do. Pricing is similar between the two companies. I think one offers discounts through ebates and they also send out coupons which is helpful too.

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

You might look into using a local to you photo lab for something that size. You can look in the yellow pages or google for professional photo labs in your area. Then you might be able to talk face to face with someone about your project.

I'm a professional photographer (although I've been out of the business for a few years homeschooling my young'uns--fixing to jump back in.) Anyway, most of my work was larger wall portraits. I used a professional lab in another state at that time. A quick glance in the back of a photo magazine at Barnes and Noble might yield some info, too.
    If you want specific info about the pro labs I used, drop me an email.

Good luck!

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

I have had blown ups made at Kinkos and they do a nice job with a variety of backing and paper options.

• ttodd
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you very much for your replies! I do have a sort of local bricks and mortar store that I forgot about. They do a lot of stuff.

I want a really big 'something' picture for in our DR.

• nicole__
    13 years ago

I've gone as big as 18" X 24". $16 @ Walgreens online. When it's done, they call you. It was on kodak paper and they did an excellent job!

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH