Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Baby Quilt for B2

I finished the top this morning.....plan to lay it aside for a few days.....Great-grandbaby due Sept 28. It's called Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and is in You Are My Sunshine by Christiane Meunier and Karen Bates. Their star blocks are 6" and I made them 9" so only have 4 rows. It's approx 45" x 42".

SharonG/FL

Comments (23)

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

LOVE IT!! I've saved this pattern for a long time wanting to use it, but no one to make it for:( Since I've seen yours I may just do it anyway & save it for the right occasion:) Really like your colors & the scrappy border! NICE Job!!

• petalpatsy
    13 years ago

Oh that's a cute one, so bright and cheerful. For a split second I thought they were going to name the baby Twinkle. Kids these days, you know, with Twilight movies and such, anything could happen.

• day2day
    13 years ago

Great job Sharon. I really like the rainbow border.How are you going to quilt it? TFS.

~Geraldine

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Sharon, it's so pretty! I really like the colored blocks in the border.

Donna

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

That's a wonderful quilt. For Julie I assume. She'll love it.

• mary_c_gw
    13 years ago

That is SO my type of quilt! I love my brights with white.

Beautiful job Sharon!

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Ohhhh! I love it! Will add that to my file of quilt pics to make some day.

Teresa

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I love the bright colors! Perfect for baby, too.

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Such a pretty quilt and wonderful use of colors. Like the border. Nice job. TFS Jayne

• gerizone5
    13 years ago

Beautiful baby quilt -- I am partial to stars. You did a great job. TFS.

Geri

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone. I had been waiting to find out the gender but it got to the place where I really wanted to get started on a quilt, so chose this pattern and figured it would do for boy or girl. The white background fabric has the alphabet all over it. The 1" squares came out just right on 3 corners and I had to play with the 4th corner to 'make' it the same as the others. The purple star in the bottom row is the same fabric I used in Raina's quilt.

Yes, Linda, it's for Nick and Julie's baby.
    Petalpatsy, I have cousins named Twilight Dew and Sunset Royale. There are some others but these are the 2 I remember. The kids don't have any names chosen yet, in spite of my suggestions! lol
    Teresa, Isn't that file chock full and spilling out all over?
    Geraldine, I'll most likely outline the stars, inside and out and maybe some cursive capital L's in the larger areas...probably should wait to see what name they have in mind and maybe include that in it somehow.....not that I'm all that good at quilting. I love hand quilting but am not able to do much of that anymore. Although I'm doing a little on my Seasonal Challenge wallhanging this time.

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon, I love your pattern and your choice of fabrics. The border is perfect!
    Linda

• jennifer_in_va
    13 years ago

Love it!

It's similar to the quilt I made for Cynthia's baby quilt 8 1/2 years ago! minus the border..That's a nice touch!

• polardream
    13 years ago

Oh Sharon! That is the cutest quilt! I love the border too.
    What a lucky baby to receive that quilt.

Sue/polardream

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for your kind comments. One of the things I'm planning on doing for future quilts is to pay more attention to the borders. I don't usually make intricate blocks as I figure most of them will be used as utility quilts, so by doing something in the borders might make it more pleasing to the eye.

BTW.......It can now be told......I'll probably be doing the binding in that hot pink! @:)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for your kind comments. One of the things I'm planning on doing for future quilts is to pay more attention to the borders. I don't usually make intricate blocks as I figure most of them will be used as utility quilts, so by doing something in the borders might make it more pleasing to the eye.

BTW.......It can now be told......I'll probably be doing the binding in that hot pink! @:)

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Hot pink! I love the simple patterns, too. And the border is just great.

I'll try to get your quilt in the mail tomorrow. It took all day to get MIL moved today, and there are a few more things she wants done.

beverly

• fran1523
    13 years ago

I love it too. It's simple but striking and the border is the perfect touch.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Beverly, No hurry with the quilt....I know you've had quite a time lately.

Fran, Simple is what I'm all about, therefore need to be doing a little extra with/in the borders. @:)

I suppose a person could make 6" stars out of various novelty scraps and still have a decent looking quilt using this pattern. Starry I Spy ..... lol

SharonG/FL

• salijo
    13 years ago

That's very pretty, Mom. It will look great with a hot pink binding.
    Salijo

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon it is gorgeous!!! I agree, hot pink binding will be perfect. I also have started to pay more attention to borders. Some of them take just as much time as the quilt blocks.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Sal. It could have gone either way, but pink it is. @:)

Rosa, You've got that right about the time it takes for fussy borders.....even if they are just squares!

FYI: All tests that have been taken are back and our baby girl is healthy.....for which we are so grateful.

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Hot pink borders will be wonderful. Great job.

We're so glad for a healthy baby.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County