Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Question for you wallpaper-ers! I'm Stumped!I I

Baroo2u
10 years ago

I found a terrific textured taupe wallpaper for the master bdrm...but no idea how to deal with the trim-less window & sliding closet doors. Where do I stop the paper, and won't the edges peel and tear? I don't have enough paper to do both closets, and have no idea how to go about making iy look seamless!

Any ideas?

Comments (8)

• erinsean
    10 years ago

I would paper the ledges around the windows and paint the inside of your closets white. That way....whatever color your walls are, you closets will look clean and white.

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

I think I would turn the corner and paper to the edge of the metal window jamb.

• justsaying
    10 years ago

As someone who has done alot of wallpapering over the years (probably too much!), I don't think I would turn the corner and paper the edges of the window because of condensation and cold weather (if that is applicable at all) as it will just become "unglued" over time.
    I've always just done the walls (not wrapping the corners) near the windows. I always had some kind of window covering that covered the sides and top of the window, though, so it wasn't necessary to cover the inside of the window. That being said, if cold and condensation isn't an issue, I think it would look really nice to see it like that!

• rucnmom
    10 years ago

I would just paper the walla and paint the area adjacent to the window (sill, sides, top) in a color that closely matches the background of your paper. As for peeling, as long as you are using a good paste, I wouldn't worry. I have a number of door opening without trim in my papered kitchen (heavy traffic...kids, dog) and haven't had an issue. Caveat...had my paper hung by a Paperhanging Guild professional. As for the sliding closet doors, hmmm? I am assuming they are currently painted? Again, I would paint to match paper.

• Sandy1963
    10 years ago

Here is the way I did a closet in my hallway...I also have trimless windows and doors in most of my house.

I wrapped the paper around the corners, after taking the doors off first, and cut a straight edge along the top, so the top is just painted to blend with the paper.

As for the window, I would just paper up to the edges, and paint the insides a coordinating color.

• ruthie51
    10 years ago

Sandy, that looks really nice.

• busybee3
    10 years ago

i also would paper to the edge and paint the drywall around the window in a color that closely matches the paper...
    just make sure there is enough paste to have a good seal to the wall on all the edges...

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! Sandy, your photo was a big help...just have to figure out logistics of where to begin this job...I've never papered aroom with so many "issues"!

Justsaying, thanks for reminding me about curtains--they'll protect the paper around the windows. And I hadn't thought of weather related window issues--wrapping paper into the window=bad idea!

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus