Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Aug. 27-28

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I have been stuck on the DWR quilt all summer. I felt guilty when I wasn't working on it, which was most of the summer.This past week I have been working on it again. I have to rip out a few seams and redo about 16 of the arcs. I hope to get the arcs finished tonight.

I told my quilting friends that if I ever mention making another DWR to hit me in the head to put me out of my misery before I start! This is the second queen size DWR I have made. I don't think there will be another!

I hope everyone in the path of Irene is safe and have all the supplies needed to get through this storm.

What are you doing this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (11)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I'd like to be sewing, but I'm not.

I am working on something for the retreaters though ;) While tending house & family, and an extremely grouchy 4 month old who needs to fill her diaper but hasn't! (sorry, that might be TMI)

Maybe there will be time to straighten my sewing room later...maybe

• nannykins
    12 years ago

I just finished the binding on the Wedding Sampler. Tomorrow I hope to add the label.
    Theresa

• karpet
    12 years ago

So far - No.

I should be quilting, but I'm in kind of a lull this week. I do hope to stitch around 2 flannel baby blankets so I can at least turn them and tie them. I don't mind doing hand work right now, just not too excited to sit at the machine.
    Karlene

• polardream
    12 years ago

Yes, yes, yes!! Happy dance, yes! After having an exchange student for most of the month, it is good to be back to normal (if there is such a thing!)

Last night I finished the binding on a DP16 patch & it is ready to wash. Today I sandwiched a UFO, quilted it & have the binding attached ready to hand stitch.

I also finished a couple more of the "retreat goodies" I'm taking - need to get the final count of people so I know how many I need. (sounds mysterious, doesn't it???)

I have also been trying out pattern I want to make but the template in the book is wrong & I am having trouble figuring out what to do. It is a fan block with 10 blades - finished block size is supposed to be 8". I have made 2 practice blocks & neither of them is right -AAARGHHH! I want to cut all the pieces & take it to the retreat but at this rate, I will be coming up with something else. The test ones may become potholders.

I am also going to make a new rice bag for DS - he asked for one for his Oct 17 birthday - but could he have it early ??? He has been here this week and heads home tomorrow afternoon. Should be easy to do in a couple hours.

Sue

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

I am stitching down binding on a quilt and working on birthday block exchange blocks. Of course I turn the TV on from time to time for updates on the hurricane. Hope everyone here at the Quilting Forum is safe.
    Jeanne

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Yes, I am! I save the week-ends for me to sew/quilt as the spirit moves me. I finished the second half of the tie quilt last week but have to do the first half over because I had to end up using the machine blanket stitch. But, today I've been playing around with a 9-Patch Pizzazz but have to make more 9-patches, so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Right now, we're at DDs....they're all playing cards and I'm on the laptop. Always fun to listen to them.

Hope all are safe from Sea Witch Irene.

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Have company but between that and remodeling, have managed to start a sandwich on a wall hanging so I can quilt it when I get some "me" time. It's all marked for the quilting and half pinned. Yeaaaaaayyyyy.

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Me too. I finished the baby quilt for my neighbor. Tomorrow is the shower, may not get any sewing done.

I need to get started on my goodies soon. We have a bunch to make this year.

beverly

• gininmn
    12 years ago

Alas, haven't done any quilting for so long. Still haven't gotten the "stuff" I took to to Camp Cheerio retreat last Oct. unpacked because of emergency appendectomy on way home and devastating personal loss on November. I am thinking about it more and more lately, though. I'd like to finish an aprons for my niece and her fiance before their Oct. 8 wedding as well as a fall table cloth and table runner before long. Coming here and reading about what you are doing helps encourage me to get back to sewing/quilting activities.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

No sewing here. DH's elderly aunt passed away and the service was yesterday, so until Friday evening we thought the entire day Sat. would be taken up with that (service at 11, lunch at church, graveside service at 2), but he ended up having to work yesterday so I elected not to attend the funeral without him.

So, I thought I would cut out a dress, but just didn't feel like it. Today we're going to visit my mom so I will probably get some more crochet done, but no sewing.

Next weekend's 3 days so maybe I'll sew then. In addition to the dress I have 2 quilts ready to load on the frame.

Donna

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Gini - I'm glad you keep coming to the forum. We're here for inspiration, encouragement and comfort.

This weekend I cleaned my sewing room! It had become the catch-all room when we prepped the house for my knee surgery and afterwards I just left it stacked up in there. Yesterday I cleaned and it's so nice to have most of my room back!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz