Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amcofar

My first quilt!

amcofar
16 years ago

This is my first quilt project. I have made one other "quilt" from a strip kit that was quilted with yarn ties. For some reason, I promised a mother-to-be that I'd make a baby quilt for her soon-to-be-born baby. Since she'd selected "Snoopy" decor, I ordered some pre-cut squares from eBay of a Snoopy print. I thought I was getting a kit, but I was wrong. When I couldn't find more Snoopy fabric, I went to a local quilt shop and sought help and advice about what to do next. The nice ladies there helped me select other fabrics to go along with the two fabrics I had ordered.

After I cut and pieced the squares, I just played with the arrangement until it looked okay. I stitched the project on my Bernina. I used the hand-quilt stitch on the squares and FMQ on the borders using a template I cut from a piece of printer paper. This quilt is not perfect, but I learned a lot. I enjoyed every stitch, even though I did a lot of un-stitching along the way. Since the baby was born in early August, I was able to embroider her name on her quilt. Of course, I realize that the Snoopy squares seem kind of lost after I incorporated all of the filler prints. Would you believe that I found more the Snoopy print after I pieced the top? I even drove everywhere I could think of for an entire day searching for more of that print before I began making the quilt. Oh, well!

Here's the finished project.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County