Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

Counters are in! Sneak peak....

gobruno
14 years ago

Counters went in today. Yay! It looks great. I've agonized about each element of this kitchen, but what's funny is that since so much time has passed since I've made a lot of decisions, I'd forgotten what things looked like. We are just so thrilled to be so close to completion. I think anything would look great to us at this point. Anyway, here are some sneak previews...

Note windows to counters--something that so many of us have learned from GW!

China hutch:

Really blurry photo of gianormous continent island:

Comments (10)

• lucylu25
    14 years ago

They are beautiful!!! I love your kitchen, congratulations on a beautiful job. One question, how many inches do you have between the back edge of the sink and the window sill for the water faucet. BTW, where are the holes for the water faucet?

• plllog
    14 years ago

Cool! Or, should I say, warm!

Very pretty.

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

what is this sneak peak nonsense?! they look gorgeous and i want to see ALL OF IT. now please.

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

What is the pretty counter stone you are using called?

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Have you made peace with the color? I know you were somewhat disappointed at first, so hopefully now that the counters are on, they have changed your thoughts about them?

The china hutch is gorgeous!

• rhome410
    14 years ago

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it come together even more...and see the whole space! The hutch is looking great and I'm so jealous of your window.

• sabjimata
    14 years ago

Unique and warm! Congrats!

• jaymielo
    14 years ago

gobruno, The cabinets are absolutely beautiful. Love the inset doors and the base cabinets. Your window is to die for. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm so glad that things are working out well for you. Also saw the pics of you Nichiha siding on the BAH forum. Your house is stunning! I'm so jealous! Congratulations!

• gobruno
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! I will post more and better pictures soon. I am so technologically behind and I only know how to post pictures from my iphone without the help of my DH. Thus, the poor quality pictures. I'll gather together some better pictures and have him upload them for me. I couldn't resist posting some now though. I owe this forum big time for so many of the features in this kitchen that I love. When the house is all done, I feel like I need to prepare an Oscar acceptance thank you speech, tears and all, to express my gratitude to all the nice and helpful folks on this forum. Still to come...

Ok, so distance between back of sink and window sill--I think it's between 10-12 inches. I'll have to measure, but it is a fairly large space. They are coming back to drill all the faucet holes in a couple of days.
    The granite is called River Gold.
    Yes, I've made peace with the cabinet color. It wasn't quite what I expected, but as so many have said, once other elements have been added, it doesn't really bother me. It is funny how lost in the weeds you become with the million decisions you have to make. I think I got buried in the minutiae of it all. Stepping back and seeing some of the finished result has finally given me the perspective that I so needed. Thanks again all!

• katieob
    14 years ago

Gobruno-
    It is looking amazing! Yay! Keep the photos coming!
    Katie