Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

First time reading or posting here

pattico_gw
17 years ago

Hi....I'm sorry I haven't visited before.

But I don't Tole Paint and I thought that is what it was all about here...

Guess I was wrong...

I'm just a free hand painter.

And I don't paint much..just when in the mood.

Reality painting is what I would like to be...but on a scale of 1 to 100 (100 being the best)...I'm probably a 1.

I alway try to paint real and it always looks like a cartoon.

I've done a lot of santa on old wood, and anything that stands still long enough. Snowmen too.

One year I got several old wooden ironing boards and painted santas on them...I either sold or gave for gifts..

This is the only one I kept.(or had left over)

{{!gwi}}

I will be coming back , it looks like a fun place.

patti

Comments (4)

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Patti, you have done a really great job. As posted before, I have been painting for more than 25 years now and I have done the Tole, oil painting, acrylic, and watercolor. I think I have painted on everything at one time or another. I am going to be painting a Santa on an ironing board next month in Alabama. If you ever have any questions, just ask, there are a lot of girls on this site who are wonderful painters and we like to share ideas and tips.
    Welcome,

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Yay! Welcome Patti~ I've seen many of your posts on other forums and am happy to have you here with us. We had a newbie sign in that I'll try to bump up so you can read about all of us here and tell us a little about you if you want to.

Love your santa! He's so neat. I love him on the ironing board. I'm jealous that you can paint free-hand. I'm all about the patterns. ha

Some forums only have 2 sides, but we have 3. If you haven't, be sure to check out our Gallery. Lots of fun pics there. And we like to chat off topic over on Conversations. Please check those out and join right in with us. We have slowed down just a bit after Christmas, but I think things will pick back up for spring/Easter. Anyway, very happy to have you and look forward to seeing what you are working on or have done in the past. We love pics!! :) ~Anj

• calpat
    17 years ago

Welcome Patti! I too am a newbie and the welcome these ladies gave me was wonderful. I've gotten so many ideas here in just a couple of weeks, I'm overwhelmed. Looking forward to seeing your "art work", post often! Pat

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Welcome Pattico, I'm so glad you decided to check this forum out. I "know" you from reading your posts over on the GJ forum.

I know the word Tole scares some people, so I am glad this forum also includes Decorative painting in the title. We are interested in most "anything and everything" someone has painted. That's how we get inspiration and sometimes even "motivation". LOL

Your Santa looks wonderful--great that you are able to freehand paint--that's a real talent. I prefer patterns because what is in my head doesn't always translate to what my brush paints! (even with the pattern, it might not!) ;o)

Please pull out pics of more things you have done and post them for us to ooh and ahh over. We love to see everyone's creations, and even love to chat about other things over on the conversations side.

Luvs

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022