Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Another side of the painting

paintingfool
14 years ago

I thought I had posted both pics, here is the other.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

That is a terrific idea for the clipboard holder. Sure could have used one of those while in school and working. did he just use a pretty piece of molding? Or is it a couple of boards glued together and the the edges routered?

Love the way the gold pen finishes the edges so neatly too. And your painting is wonderful as always. ;o)

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs, it is just a plain piece of 1"x4". He routed around the edges and I am sure he mitered his saw to do the slot where the clipboard goes in. I have only basecoated the stand. Oh, and he provided two large elastic bands to hold the bottom of a book or paper. It was only $8.00. It can be used for a recipe, for crocheters, knitters, etc. It sure helps if you are in class and you need to hold your pattern or picture.
    Thanks for the compliment, I think we both share a real love for roses. I tried something different, I took the pattern of a rose from Margot Clark and used the double load brush to paint in the petals. It came out looking pretty good. You and I don't usually use a pattern - but this was for a friend and she wanted it to look a certain way.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

You did a fantastic job finishing up this project Bebe. What a creative lady you are. You must have a very steady hand using your gold pen. Thanks so much for sharing all your talent with us here. Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, you silly girl - I am getting older and my hands are not as steady as they use to be. I used a T-square ruler. I believe in using whatever is available to achieve the results I want. If I didn't have the gold pen, I would tape the width of the band, seal it with glazing medium, then paint it gold.

Thanks Yall, it is so nice to have you all around.