Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999_gw

Fireplace mantel and facing suggestions? (Pics included!)

kwb1999
13 years ago

Hi everyone!

We are about to remodel our fireplace, and, as we are design-challenged, I would love any suggestions/insights! We are thinking of putting in a white wood mantel in kind of an arts and crafts style, similar to the "inspiration" photo. We'll pull out the brass insert that's there now and just get a simple fireplace screen to put in front. As for the facing, right now, we are thinking of using 12" marble tiles (probably crema marfil or something similar in a creamy color). Our walls are SW Wise Owl, the floor is white oak, and the colors of our room are blues, browns, tans, and some green. As for style, we are fairly eclectic. I want our house to be colorful and warm and welcoming, but I want to make sure that the mantel is simple and classic enough that it will still look fine after several years! I'm a little worried that the marble might be a little too formal, especially since our house is a small 1940's bungalow. Would some kind of stone in a subway tile pattern be better?

Anyway, if you have any feedback on whether this style mantel might work as well as whether it would look OK with marble facing, etc., I would really appreciate it!

Here's the link to a few photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43382855@N08/sets/72157624305715135/

Thanks so much for your help!

kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace Photos

Comments (2)