Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurahead108

Bed pillow recommendations? My DH is a prima donna

laurahead
15 years ago

My husband wants a new down pillow, and "it has to be great." Recommendations for high-quality brands and sources at which to find them? TIA!

Comments (13)

• organic_smallhome
    15 years ago

Here you go. Made in the U.S.A. VERY high quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cuddledown

• michelle_phxaz
    15 years ago

Organic, $5600 for a pillow??? That pillow better do more for me in bed than provide a place to lay my head!!!!

• organic_smallhome
    15 years ago

michelle: LOL. That's just obscene. Seriously. On SO many levels.

They do have, however, "regular" pillows, and the quality of their products really is excellent. :)

• annzgw
    15 years ago

Thanks for a good laugh tonite michelle! Been awhile since I've laughed out loud at the computer!

The companystore is another site you may want to check out and I've also had luck at Costco and Tuesday Morning. I often find down pillows stuffed too much so I buy a pillow case liner and transfer the feathers into it until I get the firmness I want.

Here is a link that might be useful: down pillows

• laurahead
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anybody have any experience with pillows from lands End? Someone recommended them, but I'm afraid my DH will think it's too...plebian. Sigh.

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

I've had Land's End pillows and think they're very nice. The thing about Land's End (IMO) is that you never get anything cutting edge in terms of design but you always get excellent quality and customer service. There's nothing fashionable about a pillow once you slip it in a case - or before, for that matter! Find out how to say Land's End in French or Portuguese or something so when your fussy DH asks where it's from you can make it sound oh so extravagant!

• denali2007
    15 years ago

I have a pillow from this company ,Pillowmakers, and love it. I too am a prima donna when it comes to pillows. Excellent quality. This Co apparently makes bedding for the 5 star hotels. I got them b/c they were written up in Southern Living a few years ago.

Cuddledown like organic said is also good quality. I don't have any of their things but was in store a few years back and was impressed

Here is a link that might be useful: pillowmakers

• les917
    15 years ago

You might also look at Eddie Bauer. They have great quality and stand behind their products.

eddie bauer pillows

• michelle_phxaz
    15 years ago

Glad I could provide a laugh! Sometimes I think people on these forums are too uptight, I am always up for innuendos.

Now that my mind is out of the gutter, we found some great pillows at Bed Bath & Beyond. Pillows are SO hard to buy, you can't know how they feel until you have spent a full night with them. Online stores like EB and LE are great companies, but I prefer to try out my pillows, so if you get them locally and don't like them they can be returned. It may take a few tries to find "the one", but pillows are as important for your sleep as a good mattress.

• neesie
    15 years ago

My DH & I don't care for down pillows; too soft. He has "broken" every pillow I've ever bought for him. The first thing he does is fold it in half! The other day I bought him a memory pillow and it was so cute. There he sat on the bed, holding the pillow and....then he folded it in half! I told him the pillow would remember that.

• nhb22
    15 years ago

After a cruise on Holland America, we bought their "Suite" feather pillows from Carnival Corp. (Carnival owns HAL). Best feather pillow I ever had!

Here is a link that might be useful: Feather pillows

• randita
    15 years ago

I swear by Talalay latex pillows - great for allergy sufferers like myself. If I could only talk DH out of his down pillows, I know I would get a better night's sleep.

• jen9
    15 years ago

We didn't try their pillows, but did splurge on a comforter from Plumeria Bay & it is terrific, so I suspect their pillows would be as well. You might also try Scandia Down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plumeria Bay - pillows