Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

Bombay Co. Alert!

ttodd
11 years ago

For all of you who were sad to see Bombay Co. US close, I just got an e-mail stating that Bombay CO. will be launching an on-line store this Fall 2012.

Just wanted to let you know.

Comments (13)

• zshopper
    11 years ago

oooo thanks for advising, I love that store!

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Woohoo! Even when I had zero dollars in my pocket, I'd always go in there and look around!

The last thing I bought there was a solid wood Chinese Checker board w/marbles. lol

• Elraes Miller
    11 years ago

The last time I looked at Bombay (a few mos ago), I was floored to find a couple of items bought 10 years ago. They must have had 100s of stock pieces to still be selling them. One was a table I paid $100 for and it is still being shown, but for $900. I loved that store, hope they have sales going on. Knowing another company bought them, hope it doesn't change.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sign up for 25% off

• ttodd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh yes Technicolor! Everytime I look at their stuff on HSN or QVC (I forget which) I was amazed to see how much stuff they were still selling that they sold all of the yrs. that I'd worked there. Whether it's still a huge back stock of merchandise, I don't know. Many of those items were simply huge sellers and Bombay Co. staples.

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

Oooh, I'm a big Bombay Co. fan from way back! Thanks for the good news!

• Elraes Miller
    11 years ago

If you went to the link, they had stores listed to go to for their products. I am surprised at the names, Kroeger?. But yes, they did have some shown. When did Kroeger become a furniture store? QVC and HSN were also listed.

What fun you must have had working there. Like Oak, I never missed a chance to wonder through. During the time the prices were so good I wanted to buy everything seen. Thankfully my car wasn't large enough and the store was far enough away I couldn't make it a habit.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

Not Kroeger... but Kroger Marketplace

Here is a link that might be useful: Kroger Marketplace

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

While I loved the Bombay Co and miss it sorely, I don't think this will have anything at all to do with that store except the name, just as the Linens 'n Things name got revived in a way that bears no resemblance whatever to the old store.

Just trading on the goodwill of the old company, I'm afraid.

• neetsiepie
    11 years ago

Kroger has merged with a chain of stores in the PNW that sells home furnishings as well as food, etc.

• tinker_2006
    11 years ago

I haven't been in a Bombay store in years and years..

• ttodd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

tinker - if you're in the US that's because they all went out of business. It was ridiculously fun but when we started having children it became kind of less fun due to the hrs. Every now and then I get a pang for working PT at a home retail store but I then quickly come to my senses about how hard it can be to work retail when you care about your job performance.

• lara9143
    11 years ago

I just bought these 2 Bombay hepplewhite chests on CL for $60 (for both) - I was squealing on the way home like that pig in the geico commercial!!
    The lady selling them just moved here from another state and the top of one got scratched in the move - we're talking a 3" scratch. A little staining magic and they look beautiful.
    I'll definitely be checking out their online store!

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    11 years ago

the original Bombay ws really good for lovers of traditional and east indies style. Quality was decent, and prices were amazing. Am guessing they were the original ' made on China' popular furniture here.
    I got a brass bed just Before they shut down for $400. Identical to ofhers(new one online?) selling for over a thousand.. I couldn't believe it at the time, and it wasn't,t on clearance! My DD daughters first piece , a buffet/ side table was about the same price, or less...her first purchased furniture.
    Lamps and prints were good. Sorry it is no more.