Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_fl

Silver Sage paint color?

sharon_fl
15 years ago

I've scrolled thru oodles of these posts, to no avail. Seems like it was this past week someone mentioned a silver sage paint color. Does anyone recall if it is a SW or BM color? Can anyone photoshop a sample of that for me? It would be so appreciated!

Comments (11)

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

It is Restoration Hardware paint.

• redbazel
    15 years ago

Check out the Restoration Hardware website to see this color.

Red

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Silver Sage is ever so popular on a lot of decorating boards. Test the color before painting. It really changes in the lighting. They sell little eight ounce cans of it.

Some of their stores use the Silver Sage so you may be able to see it close up on a large wall.

Here it is:

Here is a link that might be useful: RH Silver Sage

• wooderlander
    15 years ago

It is amazing how much RH Silver Sage changes at different times of day and on different walls, and I liked that about it. We used it in a dining room and then in a bathroom in another house. Sometimes it was blue, sometimes green, sometimes grayish, but I always loved it. On the website Dilly Dally posted, it looks completely different again.

Definitely try a sample before you commit.

• twg7590
    15 years ago

I painted one of our guest bedrooms in Restoration Hardware silver sage. I love it. It is a gorgeous color.

I bought the Restoration hardware silver sage quilt and shams and layerd it with white Ralph Lauren Hope Chest bedding.
    [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/twg7590/guest%20bedroom/P1010704.jpg[/IMG]

• twg7590
    15 years ago

• teacats
    15 years ago

Here's my master bedroom painted in RH silver Sage -- and yes! it really does change in different lights -- from silvery-blue to gray to greeny to silvery-green .....

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here is RH Silver Sage custom mixed by BM

{{gwi:1425759}}

{{gwi:1397852}}>

• sharon_fl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all! I am contemplating using this for a 3rd color in my LR. My one wall is opposite the 6 front windows which get the east light. Carpet is a blue with grey undertones & my sofa & chair are from Norwalk which I love. Sofa's butter yellow w/blue cording trim-the chair is just the reverse. My other chair is a color I love w/the blue & yellow-a dusty salmon, which has seen its better days. I'm stressing as to a complimentary color to go w/the furniture. My walls are currently a soft gold with a butter yellow sponged on top-very subdued-not your typical 'sponged effect'. I have enjoyed the walls but I'm tired if it. I'd like to get pretty bold for color on the sofa wall since the 6 windows make the room very well lit. BUT..I'm also thinking I should keep the same density of color as the furniture since I'm not sure how a bold color wall will read w/the butter sofa.. The sage peaks my interest. Thanks, will go to RH & get a small bottle. I'd take pics but 1.camera is on the blink & 2. I have to have someone post them for me anyway-my msn unit doesn't have that capability.

• daisyadair
    15 years ago

Sharon I love silver sage with both yellow and salmon. I have it in my bedroom and guest bedroom. Hope you like it.

• lbuda
    15 years ago

I will be painting Silver Sage in my dining room, a guest bathroom. The main part of my home is beige nuetural color. I must paint my son's bathroom - he has white tile, black cabinet, white counter, accent with glass tile grey, bluish grey, black and a silver grey tile floor. What color should I use? A greyish blue? I want it to be soothing yet light, plus it is a teen bathroom.

Thanks!