Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mfnjsb0809

What is your favorite aspect of your new kitchen?

mfnJsb0809
10 years ago

Hello Garden Webbers!!!! My kitchen remodel was a year ago and I love everything but my favorite thing is a hutch that I had made along with the cabinets- it is functional and beautiful and makes my kitchen unique- how about your kitchens- what's your favorite thing??

Comments (12)

• taggie
    10 years ago

mfnJsb0809, your hutch is so pretty!!

My favorite thing is the coffee maker and breakfast bar. Keeps DH out of my working area and over on the "conversation" side of the kitchen where he belongs. :-)

• mrsmortarmixer
    10 years ago

My absolute favorite is the brick wall with arched alcoves and doorways.

• Buehl
    10 years ago

My wonderfully functional layout! Seriously....that really is my favorite thing about my kitchen!

Next favorite....everything else! I love my kitchen and everything about it - the plenitude of counterspace exactly where it's needed, the stained cherry cabinets I've always wanted, the polished AB granite that goes so well with the cabinets, the drawer front style, my MW drawer, my Vent-a-Hood range hood, I could go on and on!

The only two main regrets I have are that I didn't put a trash pullout in the Prep Zone (that's one of the reasons I always mention it on other people's threads!) and the lack of the GD on the prep sink. All in all, though, it is such an improvement over my old kitchen!

Note that I am a charter member of the ABB club! (All but backsplash). I finished my kitchen in 2008 except the backsplash - and I still don't have one!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Buehl,

I hadn't realized that. If ever you want to take a few sample tiles for a test drive, I'm in!

Best,
    Oldbat2be

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

MFN, I love your hutch. It is a beauty. I would love to see the rest of your kitchen! Please post pics.

Taggie, what a lovely breakfast bar. Your kitchen is stunning. I have a very small wall on the conversation side of the kitchen that I want to do something with but I don't have the space that you do so I am thinking a really nice hutch like MFN's.

Mrs. Mortar what a lovely wall. The brick arches are gorgeous.

Buehl you definitely have a functional kitchen but it is also a beauty. I love it! It would be a joy to be in.

I feel like I am in such good company here. I just love the variety of kitchens and how lovely they all look. My reno is a few weeks away from starting but so far my favorite thing is my new faucet.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'd have to say it's the island.

I never had an island before and I love island living. It does everything it was supposed to....lots of work surface for baking and cooking, works great for entertaining and parties so people can talk to me but not be in my way when I cook and I can spread out lots of food for everyone to enjoy....the prep sink allows me to cook while DH can be in clean-up mode at the sink on the side, out of my way....it works as our breakfast table...there's a TV in the cabinet above the fridge and DH has his breakfast and watches the a.m. news there every morning...on the end is a bookshelf to stash all my cookbooks and it has an outlet in it for a charging station. Across from the cooktop, it has my viking convection oven which I also love. And it has large drawers in it for storing my knives and woodboards and such that I use on the island all the time...so convenient.

• willtv
    10 years ago

For me it's the vastly improved layout & my 36" Bluestar.

Click on the link for the complete before & after.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen Before & After

This post was edited by willtv on Sun, May 12, 13 at 10:48

• mfnJsb0809
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks All! It's fun to see what everyone still loves about their kitchens- here are more views of my year old kitchen- I will post several- from my iPhone so don't know how to do several at a time - sorry for the multiple posts!

• mfnJsb0809
    Original Author
    10 years ago

View from hallway

• mfnJsb0809
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Backsplash- light reflects off it beautifully

• mfnJsb0809
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last one!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

It's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!!!