Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

temporary kitchen ideas

I know there are several other posts on this subject, but I thought I'd describe what we're lucky enough to have set up:

We have a full basement (unfinished), which has a decent sized white enamel sink. It's pretty beaten up but perfectly adequate.

But the best thing of all is my old oven: I bought a plain cabinet from Ikea for about $35, plus feet for another $4, and the builder installed my old 24" oven in it. They put a plug on the end of the cable, and I can use it at the same outlet my dryer runs off. It's been a lifesaver: I have the oven, the broiler, and we're producing the same kind of food as normal. If you plan on disposing of your old oven, I STRONGLY recommend you consider doing something like this while the re-model is underway, and disposing of it later. The cost of a simple Ikea cabinet is well worth it - considerably less than a takeout meal! Alternatively, maybe a builder could knock something up from plywood? Combine the oven and broiler with a plug-in single ring, and the rice cooker, and I've got a full kitchen down there. Being able to cook is what's keeping me sane.

(You need to talk to your electrician about the cable and the plug though)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz