Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

Sigh, I feel like I am so done with this.

9 years ago

So they've brought our kitchen cabinets for the second time. First time were sent back due to poor quality.

Well, this time. Sigh. They aren't perfect. There are some scuffs, different sized panels, scraped up doors.

I just don't know. Our kitchen resto guy is coming tomorrow to see what's going on and get the cab company to to come too at some point.

I still haven't paid him for the cabs. I explained why. I really want to, but with this, I'll never get anything done.

Comments (13)

• 9 years ago

Big picture - looks good from afar (and still getting used to this revere pewter!)

• 9 years ago

last one

• 9 years ago

How frustrating and discouraging, Hopefully they will get it right soon.

• 9 years ago

Very frustrating, but don't settle. Hopefully they can fix the issues but if they can't, can you walk away? I remember your other post, but don't remember if you have already have money invested in these cabinets.

• 9 years ago

I have not paid, and did explain why. We were thinking of giving a portion of the $. As I do feel bad that the resto company has paid for them, but then this keeps happening.

And this cab company is a big, made in Canada product (locally produced actually) that has apparently gone downhill over the past few years. It's too bad really.

• PRO
    9 years ago

aklvdb:

There appears to be no filler between the wall and your lower cabinet in the middle picture. If so, your drawer will hit the casing that's going to be installed on the panty jamb. If you only want your drawers to open 3" or so, this isn't a problem. I'd fill and move the uppers to match. Who's installing these? This is a rookie mistake.

• 9 years ago

On the top/first picture. Does the left hand door open?

• 9 years ago

"And this cab company is a big, made in Canada product " mind passing on the brand? I use one Canadian brand and looking into another.

• 9 years ago

Trebruchet- Thanks for looking at this. I took a look with the guys here. There is no filler. I was assured that it shouldn't be a problem? The pantry wall is angled, so I don't think it should impeded the door opening. I played around with a 3 inch casing and it was ok. Thank you!

The restoration company is installing them. I wish the cabinet company was, but I don't know if that would be any better.

I was going to pay them today. What do you think?? They still have a lot of work to be done through insurance, and they won't get that $ until everything is satisfactory.

lov_kitchen-yes, it opens. The wrong part in the pic is the bottom part of the cab panel is not level. It's 2 and 3/8 on the left, and 2 and 5/8 on the right.

jaukuvall-it's KC. According to the carpenter guy installing them, he's noticed a big decline in quality over the past 5 years. I wish I would have gone with something else, but at this point they are just going to have to keep remaking until everything is fine.

• PRO
    9 years ago

aklvdb:

Yes, on second look, I can see the angled wall. There shouldn't be problem. Whew.

At least they know you are paying attention.

• 9 years ago

Thank you Trebruchet for keeping an eye out, I really appreciate experts noticing things that I don't notice.

And believe me, they know I am paying attention after all the issues (torn up vapour barrier, cut up corner beads that required total replacing, patching and painting).

No big issues since then from the company, just the cabs.

• 9 years ago

are you sure that top left door will open easily w/out hitting the cabinet side next to it?

• 9 years ago

Thanks desertsteph! It does open, I was checking where the hinges are and it clears it well. I of course have to be careful how wide I open it. We had that with our old kitchen set up as well. I'll be more careful now with the new cabs!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County