Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jes28_gw

Best spiral pull down kitchen faucet for the price?

JES28
9 years ago

Can anyone recommend the highest quality and best functioning spiral pull down single hole kitchen faucet for the best price? I like the look of this, but was hoping to stay under $200:
http://www.amazon.com/Danze-D455158SS-Single-Pre-Rinse-Stainless/dp/B003467EU6/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_cp_5_WHYN?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WNTB3YXZ0ZXWN6T95HM

Comments (15)

• User
    9 years ago

Blanco Cullina. Quality and cheap do not coincide.

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Holly...I have been lucky with some great finds for less in the past and hoping someone has a good recommendation here. :-)
    Any other suggestions?

• mdln
    9 years ago

I am getting that Danze one. Have seen it in several KD showrooms and like it. Don't want to invest any more on ia faucet until I am sure the style will work like I hope it will. If you are not in a hurry, ask me again in 6 months. :-)

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Mdin...I wish I could wait but my kitchen is being completed in the next couple of weeks! :-)

• User
    9 years ago

I have had some issues with Danze quality, and they are not on my "recommend" list because of that. Kohler, Blanco, KWC, yes. None of the Chinese or pseudo designer brand faucets really stand up to use for very long without having something broken. That's been my customer's experiences at least.

• mdln
    9 years ago

Didn't think so, but wanted to offer just in case you were planning long in advance.

Please post what you decide to go with and how it works out - just in case my choice does not. Thank you.

• kksmama
    9 years ago

This was my thread on the subject a year ago. I ended up with the Blanco Culina and both dh and I are very happy!

Here is a link that might be useful: pre rinse faucet thread

• speaktodeek
    9 years ago

I got this one, however it's tall. Quality is top notch, though, read the reviews. I have mine wall anchored back to my bar top, then I can pull on it with no worries of stress points at the deck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Check it out.

• function_first
    9 years ago

I was looking for a spiral pulldown that was high quality on a budget. I found a used KWC pulldown on ebay for $150 which works great. I ended up buying a replacement spray unit for $150, not because it didnâÂÂt work but because that was where I could see some age. So for $300 got a great faucet that will last for years. IâÂÂll admit buying a used faucet is not for everyone, but I had (and loved!!) a KWC spiral pulldown in the home I just sold, and really wanted one again, but was not up for paying 2K. Very happy with the result. :-)

This post was edited by Function_First on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 6:45

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

I managed to score a customer return Culina for about $250, but it took time, and that's still above your budget. If you have something you like but it's out of range, I suggest checking Amazon offers daily. There are lots of like me items that are open box/ customer returns for a lot less. It's also how I got my sink.

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Great suggestions and great ideas with the used and out of box strategy.
    Has anyone had any experience with Miseno? Above the $200 threshold but I like how it looks and seems well made. Right now I'm kind of toggling between Miseno and the Danze:

Here is a link that might be useful: Miseno

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

and here's the Danze again (I couldn't figure out how to put 2 links in one post!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Danze

• Swentastic Swenson
    9 years ago

FWIW we bought an American Classic from Lowes for pretty cheap - never had any issues with it and installed it 3+ years ago. We're pretty heavy users and it still works like new!

Here is a link that might be useful: American Classic

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I have a Kraus and love it. It seems to be of high quality, but I've only been using it for a couple of months.

• function_first
    9 years ago

Not sure if youâÂÂre still looking, but Amazon Warehouse deals has one today for$267, pretty close to your target price. Info copied and pasted below:

$267.73 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.
    Used - Very Good

Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged. All accessories are present and undamaged.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Culina