Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acarrazana721

Please help! Living Room /DiningRoom & Kitchen ALL in one space

acarrazana721
11 years ago
We just bought a new dining room and living room set! And we have a new kitchen as well.... I don't know where to start decorating. We enjoy contemporary and transitional style does anyone recommend anything for the inclined roof wall? What about a rug? We need ideas that will tie these 3 places into one. Thank you all in advance for sharing ideas and for considering this post

Comments (4)

• Becky Harris
    11 years ago
    Hmmm, yes, I think a large area rug would help define the family room space. Don't be afraid to float a sofa, it can help define the space as well.
  • PRO
    Kelly Nelson Designs
    11 years ago
    I would begin by defining the spaces. Rugs would be a good start. I would put one large one in the family room space and then put another one under the dining room table. The rugs shouldn't match but they should complement each other. I would think about painting the entire space a pretty, light color that works well with the flooring and kitchen cabinets. It doesn't look like you have a chandelier over the dining room table. A light there would also help define the dining space -- something big and modern would look great there. Given that you already have the large, darkish furniture, I would think about trying for lighter and brighter accessories (glass and metal coffee table for instance.) Think color to modernize the space.
  • User
    11 years ago
    As Kelly Nelson said, paint the space a lighter brighter color, one consideration would be something like a blue gray or grayish green. As has been mentioned, rugs under the dining room and living room areas would help define the space and could be a place to introduce color and pattern. Drapes as well for the doorwalls and windows. Color and texture in the accessories for the tables and furniture. Some possibilities for wall decor would be a gallery wall in the living room and perhaps a mirror on the dining room wall.
  • pcmom1
    11 years ago
    Dining table looks a little cramped. I would move it so that it is centered with the wall holding the model ship.

I would move tv to where the large sofa is. Float that sofa out, facing the wall that now holds tv. Of course, you need a great built in unit to hold tv and accessories. Matching the cabinetry to the kitchen would be nice. This way you can watch while working in the kitchen.

The area where the tv was can hold a small pub table or desk.

Warm up the room with the addition of large area rugs. You have a great space to work with!