Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harmony60

Galaxy's customer service & returns--good to deal with?

harmony60
15 years ago

Has anyone returned something to Galaxy, & how did it turn out? Did they accept the return & give full money back without hassles?

If they tell you they can get an item to you in one week, are they usually correct, or are orders often delayed a lot?

I really need my sink in a week, they are out of stock but tell me they can get in in 3 days & ship right out to me. Does that sound correct?

Thanks for your help.

Comments (6)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I've never had to return anything to them but, did you read their return policy? That should tell you about full-money returns (although that has become very uncommon as most places charge a restocking fee...even the brick & mortar stores!)

As to speed of service, I ordered mine late one night and it was there 2 days later (actually 1-1/2 days!)

Can't help you on the out-of-stock issue either...mine was in-stock.

• User
    15 years ago

there was a thread regarding this kind of stuff a few weeks ago, but I don't recall what it said about Galaxy (if anything), but if you definately need your sink within a week, I would reconsider buying it from a place that can confirm they have it in stock. Either way, you may want to do a search for the thread because it did have some really good information.

On another note, both Home & Stone is very price competative, and has a very good reputations in regards to customer service. I ordered my Silgranit sink 3 weeks ago from them on a Friday and had it by the following Tuesday and that included free shipping.

Just an fyi also that a lot of people don't consider, try to order from a place that ships from an area close to you. For example we're in Michigan & Home and Stone is in New York, so with UPS ground it was still only a 1 or 2 day ship time.

HTH and Good Luck!

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

I ordered my sink from Galaxy last year, so it's been awhile. I noticed, 2 days before installation, that a crucial part of the drain was missing from my order, so I called them in a panic, and they overnighted the part to me. It arrived the next day, no extra charge.

The important part might be that I called, & talked to an actual person. I've avoided potential disasters w/ online orders a few times by doing this.

• Jim Peschke
    15 years ago

I didn't need to return anything, but when I called to order I was concerned because I needed the sink by a certain day later in the week. They could have used expedited shipping which would have been expensive of course, but since all I really needed was the template by that day, they offered to send it to me overnight if the sink didn't get there when I needed it. It did so I never needed the extra help, but they were very helpful. Also, my sink was out of stock when I wanted to order and they very helpfully told me exactly when it would arrive and could be shipped.

- Jim

• sw_in_austin
    15 years ago

I ordered a sink from Galaxy (which came in about 3 days) and it was slightly damaged when it arrived (not Galaxy's fault but UPS's). Galaxy said I could return the sink at their cost but I consulted my GC who said he thought the damage wouldn't affect the sink so I decided to keep it and Galaxy knocked off 10 percent of the cost. Then I changed my mind and decided to get a different sink, also from Galaxy. They were very nice and said, no problem, we'll send UPS to pick up the first sink and send out the second one (which also came in 3 days).

Then about six weeks later I realized that I hadn't ever heard from Galaxy regarding the credit to my credit card for the original sink. I called and they said, oh yes, UPS delivered that sink back to us but they took all the identifying information off of it (UPS had to do an investigation regarding the damage) so we didn't know who to give the credit to. We'll do it right away. And they did. 100 percent of the cost refunded.

So I'd say my experience was that their customer service was great as was their promises regarding shipping (I also needed the second sink right away so my soapstone could be installed).

• ma-bookreader
    15 years ago

I ordered via phone (and I strongly recommend that you order by phone. I found out that I saved money by ordering online as I was given a different price than what was listed on the web site. That happened for the faucet I ordered and not on my sink. Also, they combined the shipping fee so that I paid less than had I ordered online.). I did not pay for expedited shipping, but my order arrived within 2 days! I was shocked. And I live across the country from where GT is located.