Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjhockeyfan325

What do you know about Kraus quality?

sjhockeyfan325
10 years ago

We are likely getting a Kraus sink because it works in our kitchen - size, shape, material, price.

I looked at Kraus faucets last night and they are quite a bit less expensive on average than the others we had looked at - Grohe and that "ilk", but with similar designs. Does anyone know anything about the quality of Kraus faucets?

Comments (15)

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

Kraus sink - yes
    Kraus faucet - no

Yes to the sink since my sister-in-law has one and she loves it. We also have one in the garage waiting to be installed in a couple of weeks.

No to the faucet since the same sis-in-law has a Kraus faucet and it's very poor quality, IMO. She hasn't said anything about it, but I've used it and it's not nearly as nice as the Grohe faucet we purchased (we've had Gohe in the past, too, and they are great quality).

For something that gets as much use as a faucet, we felt it was worth it to pay for a quality product.

• bowyer123
    10 years ago

I have a 33" farm sink and the Kraus faucet pictured. I love them both.

For the money, the faucet I installed is a bargain and works very well. The pressure is unreal, the ability to change to only spray, faucet-only or both is nice. The faucet is very heavy and appears to be extremely substantial. I cook A LOT, family of six and love the faucet. when we were building, the only other contender was a Waterstone that was four-times the cost. For the money, the Kraus faucet is great. If it dies or I get sick of it, I can buy something else down the road.

The sink is great, too. I love the size, the removable grate is nice and the quality seems to be top-notch. My only complaint is I wish the angle to the drain was slightly steeper because sometimes food chunks are slow to make their way to the drain. The good news is I blast them in there with my Kraus faucet!

Best of luck, let us know what you decide.

• dennisforman
    10 years ago

Kraus sinks I know are good quality. There are lots of GWers who are very happy with their Kraus sinks. I myself shopped around for a Kraus sink before purchasing my Ruvati sink. It's comparable to Kraus quality but a little better priced. So far I have been very happy with it. I don't have any experience or knowledge of Kraus faucet quality thought. Since faucets have moving parts, and leaks and malfunctions can be a major headache, personally I would go with a name brand faucet such as Delta or Hansgrohe. They are in the same price range.

• User
    10 years ago

Be sure your homeowners insurance is up to date with a rider for floods. Some of the Chinese sinks are OK. Some are not. It's a crapshoot on that without Western control of the plant. But I've never seen a Chinese faucet that I would take the risk and put it into my house. Or in this case, I think they actually had to move their assembling plant to Turkey because of the tariff on Chinese sourced products that put so many out of business, like Ticor.. Even though they have a "headquarters" in an "approved" country, it's still Chinese innards through and through.

Price isn't always an indication of quality, but in production involving metals and precision crafting of metals, you bet it IS.

• Majra
    10 years ago

I went with a Kraus sink and Delta faucet. I'm very pleased with both.

• eve72
    10 years ago

Since the sink will likely rust, make sure you have adequate space to be able to replace it in the future without having to also rip out your countertops.

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Why will the sink likely rust? I've never had a rusty sink in my life.

• 8mpg
    10 years ago

Im getting a Kraus sink and have read many many good reviews of them. People like Eve annoy me because they probably dont have one, never seen one. There are lots of people out there that use ASSume that because of the price or because it is Chinese that it will be junk.

As Shannonplus2 said, many companies have their stuff built over seas including Kohler. I cant vouch for Westsidewholesale yet but they are cheaper than overstock (they currently have 10% off). I have 4 bath fans coming in from them. If that purchase goes well, I will be buying the 36" single bowl with the large faucet that looks like a commercial faucet.

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all.

• alwaysfixin
    10 years ago

We have the same pro-style faucet that Bowyer pictured above, the Kraus KPF-1602. We've had it for three years, and it works as well today as the day it was installed. Awesome water pressure. Looks beautiful. We did have to replace the matching Kraus soap dispenser, but it was a throw-in with the faucet purchase so no loss there (replaced with an Elkay soap dispenser which I highly recommend). The Kraus 1602 faucet is so great, I love it.

We were also going to get the Kraus stainless steel sink as it is a lot of bang for the buck. We ended up changing to a Blanco Silgranit Super Single sink instead which looks great with our Kraus faucet.

• Tim
    10 years ago

I have a 70/30 split Kraus sink that I got for $285 on a local scratch-dent eBay sale. Got lucky - the 'damage' was just the flange of the undermount sink was bent up a bit in one corner and was easily straightened. The purchaser was just obsessive.

So anyhow, having read the comments about quality/rusting etc. I decided to test out my sink. Just took a rare-earth magnet and there was absolutely zero magnetic attraction to any portion of the sink, including the grates that come with it.

Good stainless steel will not hold a magnet. Go test your 'stainless' steel fridge or dishwasher and you'll likely find they are magnetic, like my KitchenAid Pro Lines.

My Bluestar range on the other hand is completely non-magnetic.

Cheap 'stainless' steel will be magnetic.

• klhoush
    10 years ago

My Kraus faucet has had several issues. The spray head has clogged twice with rust and scale and the pull-out hose guide cracked after 8 years of use.

Kraus customer service is superb!!! They replaced each time quickly and easily. FWIW the mount and hose guide have been re-designed.

• W Chuang
    last year

What about Kohler kitchen sink quality? Any thoughts? Thanks!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

I sell Kohler sinks more than any other brand. They are fine.