Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karmar00_gw

Just when I thought I was done...

KarMar00
9 years ago

so there I was... finally had everyone out of my house. Finally eating real food at home again. Everything nice and clean. All I had left was to paint the trim and ceiling. No big deal, my apparently still naive self thought, you have a good painting crew just a phone call away! And they are good. They brought a better color match for the old trim color, so I don't end up painting it all over again. Here's where my problems start, I was seriously not thinking when the electrician was here. I now recognize since we moved our table over about a foot, our dining room light is going to need to move a foot. Now I'm waiting on a new light fixture and the electrician to move it all around. That is holding up painting progress. ugh.
AND I was disappointed to hear the painters suggest since they're doing the ceiling and the trim, I should just have the walls repainted too. They say this will save labor. I guess. I'm just really ready to be done, not people into my living/dining. So here I am trying to pick a new wall color.
When I looked at paint chips, the darker one here (light french gray) was my favorite by far. No blue hues, no brownish, no purply. It looks dark on the walls already. The bottom color is modern gray which is what all our bedrooms are upstairs. I always said I should have gone darker. I think it looks good with the granite, but it looks almost white above the door. :\

Comments (6)