Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
home4all6

range wall hood/cabinets configuration

home4all6
11 years ago

I'm hoping to get finished plans tonight so I can post the kitchen layout here for discussion, but in the meantime, I have an issue I can't resolve...

I'm having trouble deciding how to configure the cabinets around my range hood. I have a 48" bluestar range, and a 48" bluestar proline hood in stainless steel. I had intended to have the cabinets butt-up to the hood, but now I realize I need a few inches of clearance on each side of the range. I should have a bigger hood, but I already have this one...

So, what can I do to make this work?

My ceilings are only 8'5". I'm planning to have 42" uppers.

I've linked to a picture of the general idea of what I had hoped to do...but now I don't think I can.

One idea I had was a skinny cabinet to either side of the hood, that goes from the bottom of the hood up to the ceiling height, to hold spices, oils, etc? But I can't find a single pic of this...so it might look ridiculous! Or have the hood stand alone, but you never see that with this style of hood--only chimney style, right?

Any suggestions on what might work? Or canI just place the cabinets the way I originally intended? I really don't want to a bigger hood...

Thanks!

Comments (3)