Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjpeace

I splurge and couldn't restraint myself today!

I promise myself to restraint from buying too many roses and I bought 8 of them today on the first day the local nursery opened. The worst thing is I got no austins and I need to go back and buy more because I couldn't fit into my car...help...lol.

I couldn't resist :

Strike It Rich, Don Juan, Julia Child, Voodoo, New Dawn, Lichtkoningin Lucia, Double Delight and Fourth of July.

I need to go back to buy Crimson Glory and Rosarium Uetersen tomorrow. I think I may have gone out of my mind because I am not done yet. I haven't checked my favourite nurseries yet.

Comments (18)

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    9 years ago

LOL. That is so much fun. If you go back we want to see pics of roses at the nursery. Helen.

• rose_crazy_da
    9 years ago

Am Soooo Jealous and so Very Happy for you where did you go? which nursery ?Please post same pictures....

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

I am very jealous because my gardening space is just used up. No more good spots for roses, sigh. I'm glad you got Julia--can't go wrong with that rose. Her biggest fan, Diane.

• cadiarose
    9 years ago

I'm jeaous too, because Voodoo was on my want list for this year, and everybody's out of it. Hope I get lucky like you did! You will love Julia and Double Delight!

• User
    9 years ago

...lucky you ! cast caution to the wind....I love it... do go back for more, right away...
    ..of those you list, Julia Child isn't available to us, but Rosarium Uetersen is one I wouldn't mind... I have a space left for a short climber, and I think it's going to Lavender Lassie...

..have fun....

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Some great roses, Definitely want to see pictures.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Great list! I know how you're feeling. Everywhere I go I end up buying more. It has to stop!

• kublakan
    9 years ago

I know the feeling! It's so hard to say no!!! Sounds like you'll be busy, lol.

• cleangeek
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Nice list, I just planted Julia Child and I might get Strike It Rich next year.

• bethnorcal9
    9 years ago

LOL! Welcome to our world! Roses are extremely addicting, aren't they? But it's a wonderful addiction! Nice choices. You'll have to post pics when they bloom!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    9 years ago

Don't feel guilty, I splurged a little this weekend too lol. 3 roses and 2 dahlias :)

• jjpeace (zone 5b Canada)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I went to No frills, one of the grocery chain's "seasonal" garden centres. I shouldn't have said "nursery" giving everyone a wrong impression. The deal was 2 bushes for $28. I just grabbed and never looked back..lol.

I am debating at the moment to get westerland but the 2 pots they have are small plants. Then I saw About Face which I am also debating to get. Hmmm.....I need to check the other nurseries before I go back.

Originally I was going to get 2 Julia Childs (after seeing Diane's beautiful photos) and 2 Strike it Rich. But then I realized I need to sacrifice other possible choices. I am hoping to check out other places before I make any final choices...

I've always wanted Voodoo too since I seen her in a gardening book. The only thing is that she is supposed to be for warmer zones. I think I really need to protect this rose in the winter.

• SoFL Rose z10
    9 years ago

Sounds glorious. Can't wait to see pics in the summer.

• view1ny NY 6-7
    9 years ago

jj, good for you! Think of it as your reward for getting thru the Canadian winter. Enjoy!

• jjpeace (zone 5b Canada)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys. I will definitely take some pics this coming summer. I splurge again and bought 6 more...lol. They are Chicago Peace, Hot Cocoa, Rosarium Uetersen, Westerland, About Face and Scentimental. I brought them all home happy and I am worried now because I may not have enough space..lol.

• User
    9 years ago

All those great roses! lol - space that's also my big dilemma! Am planning a new 30m bed along our back border just don't know how wide I should make it? Haven't told my husband yet, lol

• fduk_gw UK zone 3 (US zone 8)
    9 years ago

Nanadoll - thanks for the reminder to check hmf for synonymous of roses that I'm interested in - I tooo liked the look of Julia Child and regretted it's seeming lack of availability. Absolutely Fabulous is however, available pretty much everywhere!