Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommytofive

Electrolux icon, electrolux and frigidaire all fridge/ freezer twins

9 years ago

This is a repeat post from appliances, but I haven't gotten any feedback there. Has anyone seen these three units to compare them or own one of them? Trying to decide which brand to purchase. Do you have a favorite? And how does the smudge proof stainless steel hold up on the frigidaire brand?

Comments (12)

• 9 years ago

I put the Electrolux twins in my new build kitchen. Have used them for 5 months and really like them. My family's first reaction to them was that they are HUGE...need a good size kitchen for them as they do take up a lot of space. I really like them...tons of room and good organization.

although the smudge proof stainless definately smudges...there are always fingerprints around the handle. Not a great pic but at least you can see them installed

• 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I didn't think the electrolux had the smudge proof. I thought it was just the frigidaire that had smudge proof. They do look nice. Did you get to compare your unit to the frigidaire version or the electrolux icon version?

• 9 years ago

Which outside stainless steel finish did you like better....the frigidaire or electrolux? And is the only difference between the electrolux and electrolux icon the long handles?

• 9 years ago

I've got the icon pair in order and can't wait to use them in a couple of months (new build). I did see the Frigidaire twins in person and did not like them at all. They seemed very cheap to me, and the smudge proof finish was quite a but darker than regular stainless, making matching with other appliances a problem.

• 9 years ago

Michelle, Did you get to see the regular electrolux set in comparison to the icon set? Do you know if the only difference is the long handles?

• 9 years ago

I don't have the twins but I have a Frigidaire french door fridge that I am passionate about...I hate it. It's only a year old and we've had so much trouble with the ice maker (slow to make ice, leaky water feed). Plus it is the loudest fridge of all time - sometimes I swear that it is haunted. I think the term "frigidaire" is french for disembodied souls. And, yeah..yeah I know the compressor runs constantly in the new models and yadda yadda. But I'm telling you this thing is not right. I'd caution you against Fridgidaire.

• 9 years ago

I'm definitely leaning towards the electrolux or electrolux icon units definitely. I'm wondering whether the icon version is worth the extra dollars.

• 9 years ago

I didn't compare those brands, but simply got the cheapest pair of twins that fit my requirements: Figidaire. I love them! Its been 3 years now. It's unbelievable how long fruits, even strawberries, stay fresh. The handles look pristine when I'm the only one in the kitchen, but look disgusting when my kids use it. (Honestly, some people's kids...) So there's always a grey microfiber cloth on the handle for quick wipe-ups.

• 8 years ago

I also have the Frigidaire all-fridge. I love it so much that I moved it half way across the country when we moved. It keeps things so fresh and I love that I can see everything!

• 8 years ago

I have the Frigidaire Twins and they have been perfect for 8 years. Yes they are louder than I would like but they do keep the food perfectly fresh and are holding up very well inside...look new as I wipe them out each week before I go shopping. They were $1500 for the pair including the trim out pieces.

• 8 years ago

Wow, looks like great reviews for both brands of the all fridge sets.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH