Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drbjh

Who is the manufacturer of these West Elm chairs?

drbjh
8 years ago

I currently have 4 West Elm Curved Upholstered chairs in Dove Gray and was hoping to get 2 more but they are now discontinued. I am increasing to a 60" round dining table and prefer not to mix with other chairs (don't like the look) and buying a set of 6 new ones is $$$! Does anybody know the manufacturer of these chairs or where I can find similar ones?

http://www.westelm.com/products/curved-upholstered-chair-f814/

Comments (10)

• drbjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

They're website has been out-of-date but dove gray is no longer available. Guess it's time to look for new chairs :(

• lascatx
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I just went to that link and was able to add to chairs in dove grey to my cart. They are individual only, not as a pair. Says in stock and ready to ship.

drbjh thanked lascatx
  • drbjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Once you go to checkout, there's an error message that they are not available. This has been confirmed by West Elm at several locations.

• Paula
    8 years ago

Drbjh, I fully empathise with you. I wanted to buy 6 of those chairs and they've been discontinued. They still show images of the grey chairs on their website. West Elm said they won't be reintroduced. I'd too love to know who supplied them!!

• Beth Hanna
    7 years ago

I found that one of their U.S. manufacturers is

Fulton Upholsterers Mississippi, but I'm not sure which pieces they create for West Elm.

• thomas545
    5 years ago
    Do you still have these chairs? I am in the same predicament now and if you still have these chairs, I will buy them! Realize this is a very old post. Thanks so much!
  • PRO
    CEETS
    5 years ago

Hello,

Please see below link to the chair.

https://www.houzz.com/products/park-slope-armchair-prvw-vr~36989176?lid=80309609

Thank you,

Ceets

• HU-951236433
    2 years ago

Don't buy West Elm! Their furniture is NOT MADE IN USA and is of questionable quality. The furniture I have waited months for is made in Asia, most particularly Vietnam. And what am I going to do with inferior furniture - send it back and wait another 3/4 months? The swivel chair I received, Chunky Melange, frost gray has arm fabric in which the pattern lines go in separate directions - in other words, the lines point on one arm in the direction of the back of the chair. On the other arm the pattern lines point to the seat. This would immediately be noticed by a decorator. Interestingly, two days ago I received 4 dining chairs in Twill dove gray. The pattern on the back of one chair is not straight. I DO NOT THINK my furniture is checked as it arrives in the USA. In fact, I made a point in asking the deliverer if the furniture had been repackaged when arriving in USA. NEVER was it mentioned, as we decided on furniture, that it was made in Asia. We were led to believe that the covid created backups in USA. and never questioned if the furniture was made out of the country. Even as we signed, we would not have known if it had not been printed on the sheet. Could the sales person have been advised not to mention that West Elm furniture is made in Asia. Why not go to Home Goods for your furniture!

• Sandy Yun
    12 months ago

I have 4 of these chairs up for sale.