Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

More STPP and liquid detergent "experiments" :-O

larsi_gw
8 years ago

So I posted what happens with STPP (even a small teaspoon) and one all liquid pod. I wondered if the same thing would happen with Tide liquid with Bleach Alternative HE. 1 tsp. STPP and 2 tsp. Tide liquid.

OMFG!!!! I wish I had used an all pod. LOL Ready to see the carnage???

Comments (16)

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

5 rinses, and all is good and done. Crystal clear rinses, even with no fabric softener. I will use liquid FS in a suds emergency, but I like to know the suds are gone on their own. 5 DEEP water rinses, and the Giant is happy once again!! ;)

• cleangeek
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have a sudden urge to take a bubble bath. : )

larsi_gw thanked cleangeek
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

DOesnt Tide liquid suds badly reguardless? I know it does for me lol...ya Tide liquids are known for being way too sudsy

larsi_gw thanked mamapinky0
  • larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, MamaP...I think they do too. I even tried their new "he turbo" that is supposed to be low sudsing, suds that collapse quickly and clean and fast rinsing. I did not find this to be true.

Add Tide liquid and STPP.....Larsi will not be doing this again!! After the cycle and 5 rinses, I ran a cycle with 1 TBS. of STPP and hot water. No suds, and stainless drum looks polished and is literally gleaming!!!!

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

One word...BEAUTIFUL!

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

In a top loader that amount of suds would occasionally be acceptable

• sspeer9
    8 years ago

Good timing of this post. I thought I was going to have a Brady Bunch moment This evening using STPP, Seventh Gen Ultra Power, and a pretreat with Seventh Gen stain remover. I chalked it up to the stain remover, but now I wonder about STPP and liquids.

larsi_gw thanked sspeer9
  • georgect
    8 years ago

I use STPP with liquids with no sudsing issues.

larsi_gw thanked georgect
  • sspeer9
    8 years ago

Being the dork that I am, I just had to dig up some dirty clothes and try again.. No issues this time. The first load was much smaller. So I think it was too much detergent and the lack of clothes tumbling upon each other..the baffles seemed to just whip up to a froth before

larsi_gw thanked sspeer9
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Pretreaters have to be taken into account when adding detergent, unless it was a tiny amount on a tiny stain as they can really cause the suds.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Sspeer, you are not a dork...your a geek, just like the rest of us LOL. We would all have did exactly what you did, jump back on the bike.

STPP can cause all detergents to oversuds, if this is happening decrease the amount of detergent.

• georgect
    8 years ago

Actually Mama...as mustangs81 stated so perfectly in the "Faces behind our user names" ( http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3346625/faces-behind-our-user-names ), we are "Laundry Freaks".

I will never forget it.

larsi_gw thanked georgect
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Hahaha!!! I stand corrected. LOL

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

That's such a great thread.

• miami mami
    8 years ago

Call me crazy but I like the suds cake picture. But glad to know little giant is ok lol

larsi_gw thanked miami mami