Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

Remembering Summer Garden Colors......

deangreen
8 years ago

cold week here, so how about some motivation for the 2016 season! :)

Jason Salter and Midnight Green Treat

lots of happy colors in the garden shot below....

Siloam Golden Gate

north side of house

Siloam Joel's Double

seedling, this one I call fat orange, crossing it with rounder trying to bigger and rounder etc etc...

A Day at the Peach in the NW bed...

Comments (12)

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    8 years ago

Lovely gardens!

Sherry

deangreen thanked sherrygirl zone5 N il
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    8 years ago

How nice to see the flowers. Because of all the rain this year the weed seeds that had been laying around dormant throughout the 4 years of Oklahoma's drought, sprang up en masse almost overnight. Your garden looks so well tended Dean. I just know how much work you put into it to get it looking so nice.....That last picture has some great pairings going on with the Echinacea and the daylilies...Maryl

deangreen thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • mantis__oh
    8 years ago

The cottage garden is nicely nestled next to your house and against the white picket. I really like the shade of Siloam Joel's Double, but not the height. How tall is the pastel seedling? Perfect color complement for A Day at the Peach!

deangreen thanked mantis__oh
  • KarenPA_6b
    8 years ago

Thank you for posting pics of your beautiful gardens and daylily beds. You have some beautiful combinations going on there. My favorites have got to be the the combos of your last 3 pics. Before seeing your pics, I didn't realize that purple goes so nicely with peach.

deangreen thanked KarenPA_6b
  • flowergirl70ks
    8 years ago

Do you know the name of the red coneflower?

• Julia WV (6b)
    8 years ago

Just what I needed here. Old Man Winter is giving us some cold temps for the week. I like the mix of colors.

deangreen thanked Julia WV (6b)
  • jean_ar
    8 years ago

Gorgeous pictures and puts a bright spit in a dreary day.thank you for the nice pick you up.

deangreen thanked jean_ar
  • deangreen
    Original Author
    8 years ago

fun to share them and this side of winter soltice has me counting down to spring of course! maryl, my weeds are already up and going strong. as soon as I get a warm day I'm out there working little by little. this it the time of year I begin to clear away leaves and branches and get some rabbit manure down and mulch over with pine bark mulch.... all that between winter rain and snow and cold weather! of course. ha

the seedling is nice and tall, not sure about branching but I kept it for the nice color. the red coneflower way up there with S Golden Gate is Hot Papaya, grows like a weed in the sun. :)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    8 years ago

Oh Rabbit manure is good if you feed your rabbits alfalfa. I rescued an injured cottontail many years ago. It could not be released back into the wild so he/she lived outside in a hut for 7 years. Never really tamed much but we did get the benefit of rabbit pellets........ The best fertilizer I ever used was sheep manure. But the nursery that had it is long gone (as is "Bunny"), so back to the normal composted cow stuff.....Interesting you are already starting on your garden. I'm still enjoying my vacation...........Maryl

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    8 years ago

Lovely gardens. Thank you for the wonderful pics!

• Chris Lane
    8 years ago

Dean - would love to do some trades with you - email me :) Chris at www.GardenFantasies.com