Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevin_roberts89

Need help finding bathroom sink faucet with long spout reach...

Kevin
8 years ago

I'm redoing my bathroom and need help finding a faucet with a long spout reach (possibly 7 inches). I replaced the drop-in sink and faucet but it barely reaches into the sink (the sink and faucet are separate and not connected). The current faucet is the Kohler Alteo, centerset with 3 holes and brushed nickel finish, currently 5.5 inch reach from the center of the base to the end of the spout. I don't have much flexibility on changing the location of the sink or faucet since the previous owner cut them pretty far apart. Ideally, I would like to get a brushed nickel faucet to go with the other fixtures in the bathroom. I'm having very litte success searching the internet, so any help is greatly appreciated

Comments (18)

• Kevin
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Here is a photo to give you an idea of the space. I'll add more later
  • bojana2012
    6 years ago

I'm having the same dilema - did you find a good faucet that meets your needs? If so, please share! I'm surprised this issue didn't get as much attention.

• simstress
    6 years ago
    Try Hansgrohe Metris. I have the single handle version with a longish reach, and its nozzle is angled to direct water towards the middle of the basin rather than directly down. There may be a widespread version available. Good luck!
  • ttcestmoi
    6 years ago

I totally understand your dilemma. The newer undermount sinks require the taps to be mounted quite a distance away to accommodate the gasket that holds the taps in place. The result is having to hold your hands at the back of the sink where the spout flows, only to end up splashing water all over the place. The designers gave no thought to the fact that with undermount sinks, we require taps with very long spouts. We consumers need a group to lobby manufacturers to think first about making things functional and easy-to-use, and to then worry about how nice they look. Hope you have found something that works. I am now searching for a transitional style in chrome with at least a 6' spout for my next reno project!

• bojana2012
    6 years ago

I settled on pfister iyla - it's transitional verging on modern. Nice lines esp in brushed. I think. It's got a long sink spout reach.

• User
    6 years ago

Hi Kevin,

hope everything’s going ok. Have you made any progress to your bathroom

• newcof
    5 years ago

I am having the very same problem. Any advice would be soooooo appreciated. I did find a Kohler faucet with a 6 inch reach, but it is not in brushed nickel and a lot more than I wanted to spend.

• pr16
    5 years ago

Try Newport Brass. Not cheap, but they do offer 7-8" spout options.

• newcof
    5 years ago

Thanks. The reach on that one would be perfect, but I would be worried about the height. I don't have a a vessel sink. In fact, the sink is rather small and shallow.

• Liane B
    5 years ago

A word of caution: I have a nice expensive spout type fixture in my master bathroom and when you shut the water for repair or you have air in your pipes and you open your faucet the water splashes all over you and your bathroom.....You need to put a towel over your spout to stop the water flying out......Nice but certainly not practical....will be changing

• Eric Margelefsky
    4 years ago

I had the exact same issue, and ended up going with the Kohler Willamette, which had a spout reach that was a couple of inches longer than the standard ones. It's a pretty nice faucet, too, with decent style. Got it from Home Depot. It's very hard to search for faucets by reach, it's not a filter you can use on any sites I found.

• John Browning
    4 years ago

I have the same problem. I bought a vanity that included a three hole stone top and under mount bowl. The center hole is 3.25” behind the edge of the sink cut out. The standard bathroom sink faucet has a 5” reach. All measurements are center to center. You are basically washing your hands over the counter And then mopping up the counter. I will look into your suggested models. Thanks.

• John Browning
    4 years ago

I have found a faucet with a spout length of 6.5+ inches (center to center). The Pfister Lyla LG49-TROC (in chrome) is a seven pound faucet made in China. The finish is excellent. This faucet has a bulky appearance so I would not recommend it for a vanity shorter than 48” otherwise the fixture would be out of proportion. The Pfister cost $280 on Build.com. It is the most expensive faucet I own. The hookup line is dependent on five sets of o-rings which makes me nervous. Mine did not leak. This faucet is not for first time plumbers do to minimal instructions and rather large, hard to access retaining nuts under the counter. The stopper control arm needs 2.5+ inches from the center of the hole to the back splash.

For me it fits a need and looks good.

• Claire Richards
    last year

I'm having the same problem, also with a centerset faucet. Nearly all comments are models that do not include a centerset version. The only one with a centerset is the Kohler Willamette above that does not actually appear very long. The monger.com website appears no longer up either. Anyone have any other suggestions?

• PRO
    Fixtures Academy
    3 days ago

Here is an up to date list with actual measurements .. Keep in mind that this list is filtered to not include commercial faucets which can be quite tall while having a long spout reach ..

https://fixturesacademy.com/10-bathroom-faucets-with-the-longest-spout-reach/

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH