Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbysat2001

what color granite countertop goes with white kitchen cabinets

abby sat
8 years ago
we are trying to choose a color that would appeal to most people if we decide to sell

Comments (7)

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

if you are selling in the next couple years, quartz that looks like marble is really hot right now. if quartz isnt in your price range, a laminate that looks the same would be the way to go.

abby sat thanked Judy Mishkin
  • PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    8 years ago

Hi Abby,

For one of our clients we selected a cream granite countertop to pair with their white kitchen cabinetry.

Traditional Kitchen · More Info
    You can view this image more closely on our profile!

[https://www.houzz.com/photos/new-home-in-north-hills-traditional-kitchen-raleigh-phvw-vp~15748070[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/new-home-in-north-hills-traditional-kitchen-raleigh-phvw-vp~15748070)

abby sat thanked Colorful Concepts Interior Design
  • sandnsyntax
    8 years ago

We renovated our kitchen two summers ago with a plan to put it on the market in the near future---which is about this mid May. I chose white shaker cabinets and visited many stone yards before finding a granite named French Silk: the stone is wavy dark gray with small white streams running through it, a special cut that I'd never seen before. The small island is painted black with white, gray, and taupe flecks in the white granite top. With red oak floors; everyone loves the gray. Realtor said kitchen will sell the house. Hope she is right!

abby sat thanked sandnsyntax
  • acm
    8 years ago

I'd avoid tan, as cooler tones seem to be widely preferred. Any kind of white, gray, or mottled combination of those is a good bet. Darker charcoal (e.g., soapstone and its imitators) is also popular.

Well-dressed Traditional Kitchen · More Info

San Jose Res 2 · More Info

Traditional Kitchen · More Info

Menlo Park Residence · More Info

Kitchen - Kitchener Area · More Info

Lake Minnetonka Tailored White Kitchen · More Info

Waterfront Estate · More Info
    Honestly, pick something you like. As long as it's not really way out there, it will appeal to somebody else, and you'll be happier meantime.

abby sat thanked acm
  • sandnsyntax
    8 years ago

You've got great advice here; I was lucky to find something I loved; here is the kitchen in 2014 with the French Silk.

abby sat thanked sandnsyntax
  • abby sat
    Original Author
    7 years ago

thanks for all your very useful comments. We've narrowed our search to French silk, bianco romano or Kashmiri white!