Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellnmace

Need help :) Coffee table or ottoman, area rug, curtains, decor :)

kellly mcneil
7 years ago

We just recently purchased a camel leather couch which is waaaay outside of our normal color selection but are in love with the piece. Here is the room and the camel sofa is below (to be delivered this week.) I like neutral tones but also enjoy vibrant pops of color so could go either way. The sectional is what I believe is called a "conversational sectional" so I don't know if square or rounded is best for an area rug? Also, I was planning to ditch the boxy chaise lounge. I dont know if I should be asking now or later but wanted to get some ideas brewing. As I said, camel sofa arrives later this week. If you need any more pics, let me know!

Comments (16)

• susan2494
    7 years ago

Great sectional. I happen to think that sectionals are horrible, but you have a space that I think will do OK. 2 things.

1. You need a larger TV console for under the tv on that wall. The one you have is too small. You console should be at least 25% longer than the size of the TV.

2. An area rug, I would guess that a 10x12' to make sure that the sectional has all front legs on the rug.

You also need floor lighting. An end table with lamp, Find a new home for the chaise and add at least 1 accent chair with another table and lamp. You indicated you want to add color, but didn't mention any you like. Reds, oranges would be nice with the camel.

• susan2494
    7 years ago

Did you get the ottoman also?

• Bev
    7 years ago

I usually do not like leather sofas or sectionals but you did choose a beauty! Reds and oranges are the obvious colors against that camel but bright yellows and vibrant blues will look great as well.

• susan2494
    7 years ago

• susan2494
    7 years ago

This olive velvet chair would look very nice with sofa and rug. From Pier 1.

• kellly mcneil
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for your input. This has been extremely helpful. At this rate, with input, I am gravitating towards the navy and cognac...it helps to have Hubby on board with those colors. I couldnt really get him to adopt the bright pink and navy rug from Macys when I was also wanted boho chic. I may be ditching the red TX star and the chaise is definitely going. The drapery is going to be retired as well. Ill report back with room size but the sectional is 172". Square or round rug? As for coffee table/ottoman...I didnt purchase the one shown. Would you recommend round or square? Good to know on the rug dimensions and thanks Susan for the added input on the console....I never would have known otherwise! With rugs, do you think a jute rug would do well over any other fabric? I have a toddler so the creams/off whites tend to freak me out. I guess knowing which one is easier to maintain would help. thanks again!!

• Susan McMonagle
    7 years ago

May I ask where the sofa came from and what it's style number is? I want one like it for our new place! Very attractive. Would you mind emailing me at the address shown here? Thanks, Susan susan.mcmonagle@gmail.com

• susan2494
    7 years ago

Glad you didn't get the ottoman, the sectional is enough leather. Go for a round coffee table in wood or glass or even a fabric ottoman to off set the leather. Jute is a good texture rug for area but not very soft for walking or playing on. If you are worried about stains, better to get an indoor/outdoor rug. for easy cleaning. Get an 10x12' no round or square.

• User
    7 years ago

Susan, can you ever have too much leather? ;)

• kellly mcneil
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    So...the couch arrived!! I had this rug and coffee table in mind. Let me know what you think. I need curtain and pillow ideas please:)
  • kellly mcneil
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Coffee table...
  • Steph
    7 years ago
    I really like that coffee table, but not sure about that rug. It looks a little too bohemian for that sectional. You should also get navy or ivory throw pillows, with a ivory or black & white kilim rug.
  • 111ideahound
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Love the couch! Looks like it was made for the room. The coffee table is perfect too. This black and white striped might go nicely since your kitchen is neutral.

The Sandberg Home · More Info

Or, something with a little color...?

Rugsville Arts and Crafts Handmade Wool Brown Rug 9' x 12' · More Info

• 111ideahound
    7 years ago

With this beautiful organic leather sofa, I would think for your windows something as organic and aesthetically warming.

Adjustable Sliding Panel, Kansas Ginger, 78"x96" · More Info

Kona Roman Shade w Built-In Valance in Natural Finish, 35 in. W x 72 in. L · More Info