Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janvin

What is the white ext/ cladding material around the stair massing?

Benzion Residence · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    ALCOVA architecture
    8 years ago

It's a floating aluminum panel (ventilated facade). If you look from close up you'd see the exposed fasteners. I really like it.

• Janvin Lowe (kree8.ca)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you for the quick response. Ah, aluminum panels was going to be one of my guesses - it looks super sharp! Exposed fasteners, so they're obviously face-mounted, yes? Great job!

• PRO
    ALCOVA architecture
    8 years ago

this is a blow up detail of a photo, but it lets you see the gap between the panels and the exposed fastners. Basically you allow the water tu run in front and behind the panel, but since it does not trap the water in (waterproofing membrane is on actual wall) the air can dry it off easily. It's a great system!

• Janvin Lowe (kree8.ca)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, a rainscreened open-joint siding system - we are in Vancouver, BC and are mandated by code to implement it - inspectors here aren't quite as warm to the idea of open-joint siding but if there's the air gap to help dry it off and a proper wrb, it works great. Thank you for sharing - I'll likely be going swiss pearl or aluminum panel in an upcoming house I've designed - will definitely be sharing it online so I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend!