Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grish2001

exterior color

grish2001
7 years ago
I see this has been asked a lot of times.. but this is the exact color I am looking for. It would be so helpful if you could contact them for the answer. Please help me find this perfect color. Thank you!
228 Pendleton Road · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Our Town Plans
    7 years ago

Houzz member 'trillium' posted this on one of the other questions:

"I called the Dunes River Guest Cottages where this picture was taken from. They have no idea what the original color name was if there was one. They were able to have Randy at Riverside Hardware match it for them.http://www.riversidehardwareandpaint.com/sb.cn

Randy said this is the formula he used to match it up using Benjamin Moore paints:

Using Regal Exterior Low Luster 1 gal.

N401-2x Base

Y3 1 x 10.25

F1 1 x 4.0

W1 16

R3 1.5

The trim is Simply White OC 117

The shutters are PM12 Black Forest Green

Randy said they had used historical paint colors at the time down there when they built up that area. The two closest colors to it would be #1487 Herbal Escape or HC108 Sandy Hook Grey in Benjamin Moore colors.

He said if you just wanted to try it out, your paint store can use the formula above to downsize it for a pint size sample. I would like to thank the staff at the Dunes River Guest Cottages and Randy at Riverside Hardware & Paint for taking the time to share their great ideas!"

• grish2001
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Wow! Thank you so much!!
  • User
    7 years ago

Hi Trish I just tried to get this formula made up to test out with Benjamin Moore but they wanted me to spend 48.00 on a gallon size so nixed that one. I did try the other two similar colors Sandy Hook Grey and Herbal Escape at Home Depot with their sample size and ran me less than 7.00 for both. I just think the color I see on both of my 27" monitors looks more like a puddy color than the green or tanish green I have seen on these pictures. I also looked at the color fans at the BM store for SHG and HE and neither of them matches up to these picture colors. Also the house color looks different depending on the light and angle of the shots. Go to a BM dealer and look at SHG and HE first before you have any paint made up and check it against these pictures before you spend any more money on this. Also change the formula F1 to S1 since I thought I heard F when it fact it was an S on my cell phone to the guy.