Houzz Logo Print
angelika_lipkin

Should I get matching nightstand lamps?

Angelika Lipkin
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi there,

Four quick questions.

1. I'm debating whether to get matching lamps for both nightstands. Thoughts?

2. Any recommendations on rugs (ivory/white, gray, blue hints, pattern)? The headboard is ink. The nightstands are mirrored. The walls are silver marlin.

3. Any recs on pillow placement? The headboard is 64"

4. Should I get wall art above the night stands?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 years ago

Angelika Lipkin thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Angelika Lipkin
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Thanks so much for the image, Beverly!

• Lea K.
    7 years ago

Matching lamps - yes! Rugs - do you really need them? It looks really nice without them. And about art.. nope. Too much when you have so decorative lamps

• Angelika Lipkin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks, Lea. Really appreciate your perspective!

• PRO
    CAGE Design Build
    7 years ago

Agree with Lea K. It would be nice to have matching lamps on both sides. Also, you don't need art work with the decorative lamps. Less is more.

Angelika Lipkin thanked CAGE Design Build
  • Angelika Lipkin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you - really appreciate the second and third opinions! So helpful to have a sounding board. Do you think I should look into 3x6 runners on each side of the bed or 6x9 rug for the room?

• PRO
    Infini Designs LLC
    7 years ago

Yes to matching lamps, yes to art above the nightstands, yes to colored pillows on the bed. Rugs? Depends on your climate. Large rug is great to use year around if you have cold floors. Smaller area rugs are nice for color & pattern and easily picked up if you don't need a floor covering to step on in the summer. Beverly's photo above gives a great example off balancing color around the room.

• Angelika Lipkin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks, Infiniti Designs. Really appreciate your time and POV!

• bradley_amber
    7 years ago
    Yes, get matching lamps. I don't care for the one you have now as the shade is boxy as is your headboard and pillows and it is just too much, you know? Yes to the rug for sure, a bedroom without one is so cold and hard to me. I love your pink pillow, would you like more of that color?
    Angelika Lipkin thanked bradley_amber
  • Angelika Lipkin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I liked the lamp because I felt it gave the room visual interest, but I definitely see what you mean on the boxiness of the shade AND the headboard. I didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing it out. This is why you need experts. :) I'd like more of either the pink shade or a shade of blue to tie into the ink headboard. Thanks so much for your feedback!

• cpaul1
    7 years ago

Yes, you need matching lamps, but NOT that blue lamp ... that looks terrible and matches nothing. Yes, you need an area rug under the foot of the bed and it should have some very subtle hint to the color of the headboard. You need to upgrade your bedding to something nicer, more sophisticated ... that white is too casual, it doesn't match your headboard, and that pink fluffy pillow needs to go. Start in the back against the headboard with large euro shams and then have the smaller pillows in front of those. I would not put art work over the bed due to the height of the headboard and would instead put matching/corresponding art over each nightstand.