Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissaw05

Pin prick hole in new Quartz

Melissa
7 years ago
Hi...I just had new Difiniti Quartz installed yesterday and there are 2 tiny pin prick holes in the Quartz and divots around the area. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is this a common problem?

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

Where is it made? A lot of quartz comes from China where really this is usual that is why you should pay a little more and get NA made

• Melissa
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you Patricia. Not sure where it is made but it is Difiniti Quartz by Terrazo & Marble.
  • Melissa
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you....should this be repaired or should I request a new slab? I was told it is an easy fix and not a big deal?
  • mollym440
    7 years ago
    melissaw05, how did you make out with the countertop? I also have new quartz (cambria) installed a few weeks ago, and it has 2 pin holes. Cambria rep is coming this week to fix.
  • Melissa
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi Molly, it was fixed and we haven't had any issues since. Hopefully yours was fixed as well!
  • mollym440
    7 years ago
    Hi Melissa, yes, Cambria was very responsive and sent a rep to repair it within days. The rep was great, I can't even see where they were. The only problem is I found another one over Christmas. :) This is a good reminder to call them again . Hope they continue to be accommodating.
  • PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

Hi There!
    We'd love to be of further assistance. It sounds like you have another surface blemish that you would like fixed. Could you please send us a direct message via our Houzz profile with more information as well as your preferred phone number? A member of our Customer Care team will then be able to get in touch with you directly.

If you would prefer, you can also call us direct at 1-866-CAMBRIA from 7am to 7pm CST Monday through Friday, or email our team directly at CustomerService@CambriaUSA.com

Thank you, we will look forward to hearing from you.

• mollym440
    7 years ago
    Hello, I have already contacted customer service and a service representative is scheduled to fix it this week. Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.
  • stacieg12
    last year

Just curious if this was resolved as I am going through similar situation. Only I have a lot of holes and they are getting worse it seems

• mollym44085
    last year

Mine is Cambria quartz and once I contacted them, they sent someone out to fix it. No problems since.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

stacieg12:

Post a picture please.

• Jana
    7 months ago

I have 9 pin prick defects so far on my FirStone brand quartz countertop. I have had had the counter people in twice as water ring marks from glasses were showing up. They removed them with acetone😳. Now all these pin holes are showing up. The countertop is 3 years old. They are coming to repair tomorrow so hope it works