Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinhopemancini

Desperate for help with our master bathroom! Mixed metals?

RHM
7 years ago

We are in the process of building our home. I need to make a decision on vanity lights and a chandelier ASAP, and I'm torn between what metals to use. The room is Calacutta Gold marble looking porcelain tiles on the floor and shower. Vanities are white with Cambria Torquay Quartz countertops. Paint is Accessible Beige (as of right now), but I'm thinking of painting it when we move in to a soothing light blue or Sea Salt color. We've picked chrome fixtures. Some people have said I should go with a goldish, champagne for the lights to warm the room up, or do I stay with polished nickel or chrome vanity lights and maybe a crystal chandelier? I want the room to look like the classic elegant Hamptons style bathroom that is timeless. I need a 4 light and 3 light over the mirrors, and prefer ones with a shade that look like the traditional sconce. I've seen one from Capital Lighting called the Midtown and like it, but it's polished nickel. Would that work with chrome faucets? And what kind of chandelier would work with that? I've picked the Forum 6 light foyer chandelier and the Forum vanity lights that go with it, but it looks pretty distressed, and I was listening to other people say go with gold...but I'm not so sure it works, and I don't love the vanity lights. I DO like the chandelier, but the metal might not be the right finish. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I am at my wits end of this! Thank you very much.

Comments (8)