Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ada_richardson1990

Decorating my open living room

I just moved in so I have little to no furniture. My living room is one big open space but I'm looking to fully furnish it in the next week or so. The sectional I have is fairly new. My mom gave it to me when I moved in she had it for less than a year but I just feel the sizing and construction is awkward for the space. The cable hookup is only in the living room so where my desktop is, is exactly where I'll have to set up my home office. Which I'm just looking for a nice desk a chair and that's about it. Nothing big or fancy. I do want a nice size dinning room table I was thinking to accommodate 4-6 and I've order a 60 inch tv. Now all I'm wondering is how I should place everything to make it not only comfortable and functional but chic. I was also wondering even tho there's only a peek through through the kitchen can I occupy that space with some bar stools? I hate the exposed wood. I also think the living room is too dark. I don't know if it's because of the curtains and the rug. Or just the couch. But I'd love for ideas of brightening up the space as well.

Comments (2)