Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccgrickard

Complete make over

ccgrickard
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Would like to bring a 20 year old Queenslander to today's colour and adding a tropical style pool and landscaping.

Comments (16)

• patsy_designs
    7 years ago

Awesome project! Can't wait to see what you do.

• patsy_designs
    7 years ago

What kind of advice are you looking for in particualr?

• nicolejt2
    7 years ago

We are in the process of renovating our own Queenslander- what info are you looking for

• PRO
    Gabrielle Jones Art
    7 years ago

Wow! What a house. Will love to see what you do and wish it were mine. Good luck

• Bernadette Staal
    7 years ago

Personally I wouldn't do to much. The outside colours are fine but could just do with a freshen up and internally I would look at the brick fireplace so it blends better into the back ground and I would chance the bench top colour / maybe putting in a granite. You don't want to lose the character of the home. I have mint carpet and I have a variety of cream and pale mint walls with white trims.

• Country Dreaming
    7 years ago
    Over the last 20 years colours have moved from beige to brown/coffee to the currently favoured charcoal/grey/white tones. Not sure of the scope of your project but looks like you could easily paint your kitchen cupboards white. The floorboards are timeless. Try and check out the "Modern Farmhouse" decorating style for ideas.
  • PRO
    Glenda Wing Interior Decorating
    7 years ago

For the exterior:

Dulux Oyster Linen for brickwork.

White for everything else.

• LesleyH
    7 years ago
    Please don't paint low maintenance exterior brickwork - it is timeless.
  • ccgrickard
    Original Author
    7 years ago

You have given me some great ideas in which I will take on board. The only concern was that you suggested painting the under chair rail in a lighter colour than above. If you have done this, would it be possible to send a photo.

Thankyou for your input it was just what I was after.

• PRO
    Timandra Design & Landscaping
    7 years ago

Really, the only thing wrong that I can see is the outdated concrete water feature leading to the front door.

I would remove the path altogether, and have the lawn going right through. Then add grey, recessed, large stepping stones that can accommodate different length treads. You will need to round off the edging around the garden beds. Ideally, to me would be to remove the concrete [?] edging around these beds, so that then you wouldn't need to match this edging up. I really don't like concrete edging to gardens. Not only is it old-fashioned, but totally unsustainable.

By having the lawn go through the width of the lawn area, it will make the area appear bigger as you enter the front garden from the gate. The colour, and shape of the path are dumpy and with the concrete mass in the centre, totally out of character with the home. Remove the edging around the garden beds - use corten steel instead - this would look so much better.

• Vicky Gregory
    7 years ago
    We have just finished our house on the Gold Coast, monumental Reno and now putting it on the market unfortunately.

We painted two colours both Dulux Lexicon half and Calandra is the grey. Photo attached of before and after , these are just off my I phone
  • cloudpants
    7 years ago
    Vicky Gregory you have done a wonderful job. Your house looks grand! I love a before and after so thanks.
  • Vicky Gregory
    7 years ago
    Thank you Cloudpants...... Everyroom was done it was a massive task. Lots of photos and stories but I would need a whole seperate issue to discuss and share. lol.
  • LesleyH
    7 years ago
    When you are ready post on before and after section.
    7 years ago
    What a gorgeous house. I agree with Tinambra, the fountain is dated. Something plain would be lovely.