Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillau

Anyone know a pot filler faucet to dispense hot water?

jillau
7 years ago

I'd like to have a HOT water pot filler over the stove. Most I've seen say only cold water hookup. Any advice?

Comments (15)

• Judy Mishkin
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

generally one doesnt drink water from the hot water tank. it can end up having build up in the bottom and be sort of gross with minerals, esp lead. for that reason, i never fill pots with hot water from the faucet (except when we had a brand new hot water tank... then i did. and decided it wasnt worth it.)

jillau thanked Judy Mishkin
  • jillau
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Any way to bring filtered hot water over to stove

• Judy Mishkin
    7 years ago

i dont know that you can filter out lead.

jillau thanked Judy Mishkin
  • lcswilcox195kw
    7 years ago
    There's no hot water pot filler. You can get a cold water pot filler. You can get a hot water dispenser. But not a two-in-one.
    jillau thanked lcswilcox195kw
  • skmom
    7 years ago
    We almost hooked our pot filler up to the hot water line because I wanted hot water for it as well... then my hubby discovered it's a bad idea because of sediment build up that happens in hot water tanks. So cold water it is... and honestly, it's been fine.
    jillau thanked skmom
  • jeffinct
    6 years ago

A possible solution is to install a point of service electric water heater on the cold water supply line as close to the pot filler as possible. The faucet will still have to expel the cold water that's sitting between the p.o.s. heater and the aerator though, which probably reduces (or eliminates) the functionality that you're trying to achieve. Probably not worth it.

• User
    6 years ago

Besides, you should really start anything cooking with cold water anyway. Your stove heats the water, so if you are wanting hot water to add to an already simmering risotto or soup, just heat it in a pot on the stove. You should always run the faucet for a while to get all the leftover water out of the pipes, so you have fresh treated/filtered water.

jillau thanked User
  • enjoythejourney
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Here’s one I found. I used it as a faucet in my laundry room. It’s fantastic and so unique.

http://alfibrand.com/alfi-brand-ab2038-modern-solid-stainless-steel-retractable-kitchen-faucet.html

• catherinejpaladino
    4 years ago

Thank you so much for this link! I've been looking for a folding faucet like this one with hot and cold water.

• Tricia Priestly
    4 years ago

I just found this one.

WOWOW Pot Filler Faucet for Both Hot Cold Water Folding Kitchen Faucet Black Wall Mount Commercial Restaurant Faucet Lead-free Faucets Brass 3 Handles 2 Hole Double Joint Swing Arm Kitchen Faucet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4FRKFL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xJEqEb7C0GQZJ

• Dorothy Henry Ross
    4 years ago

I found this Hot and Cold water swing arm faucet on Amazon. It is lovely. It is sturdy, comes in several finishes, and is easy to install. Im using it with a clawfoot tub.

• Dorothy Henry Ross
    4 years ago

Here is another one that I have installed for my master bath double sink vanity. The vanity top is live wood and I didnt want to put a lot of holes in it to provide for 2 faucets nor did I have the wall space for 2 faucets. this faucet will serve both sinks beautifully.

CIENCIA Pot Filler Faucet Wall Mount Kitchen Faucet Brass Folding Faucet with Dual Swing Joints Double Switch Single Handle Kitchen Sink Taps ORB, BR1211B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786CT1LC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_7nFDEbXN53X2K

• PRO
    The Hills GC Design
    2 years ago

WE HAVE A TINY BOSH WATER HEATER THAT MAKES THE WATER HOT INSTANTLY

• Fred Wilson
    last year
    last modified: last year

My tankless hot water heater eliminates the sediment problem mentioned, plus my water is double filtered before it enters the heater. But I ran some trials with insulated lines before installing my pot filler. Had to drop all the way down to a 3/8 line or with a 4 gallon stock pot the water didn't get hot soon enough to make a difference vs my DCS range. With anything larger unless 1) your basement water heater is right below your stove, 2) you have recirculator on your hot water line 3) an instant hot water heater installed under the counter next to the stovetop, or 4) you are filling lots of large pots at once, I don't see a benefit. I would be just heating water to leave in the pipes.