Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wannaknow2

Towel Pig? This one reminded me of old threads and ongoing search

wannaknow2
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I saw this on Zulily today. The Black Pig Paper Towel Holder is made for paper towels, but looks as though it could accommodate a real towel. I searched the internet and it seems this one is made by 3R Studios of metal and resin. size 19"W x 7 H x 6.5 D and weighs about 2.3 lb.

I found threads about the Towel Pig going back to March 2008, but as Buehl has pointed out recently, you can't see the old photos anymore that were posted on Photobucket.

Morgne posted this photo on 6/23/10, but I am not sure if this was the original or a spoof on the thread Towel Pig.

Towel Pig is mentioned in What to do with the Dish Towel?!?! from March 2008; also in a thread in Feb. 2009 Where do you hang your cloth hand towels? and apparently even before March 2008.

The July 2014 thread Please tell me where do you hang a t-towel for hand drying? contained a 7/4/14 link from Sheayne The Search for Towel Pig which took you to a 6/15/10 Towel Pig thread.

Buehl in August 2009 gave some links on a thread Where and how do you hang your cloth dish towels?

RMLanza posted a photo again of her Towel Pig on 2/7/09 in Where do you hang your cloth hand towels? She said the original Towel Pig came from another Robin (with the craftsman kitchen) on Gardenweb who had him first.

Perhaps someone has the actual old photo and can post it again if the above photo isn't THE one.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional